Hello everyone

Hello everyone. The names Alvin. IG & nickname HowDeadly. I signed up on this forum because I started getting interest in small builds quite sometime now but still undecided on a cases for my new build. Project Orthrus totally caught my eye on since is totally something different similar to a regular mid-tower but just smaller. It was really time for me for upgrade since my old build is about to somewhat retire but hanging on. So here's my current old build:

Case: Corsair Carbide 400R Midtower
CPU: Intel i5-2500k (Base: 3.3 GHz, Boosted to 3.7GHz, Possible max Boost 4.7 GHz)<- never tried and never will or else!:\
Motherboard: Asrock z77 Extreme4
Memory: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence 1600 MHz
Cooling System: Coolermaster Masterliquid lite 120 (previous- ZALMAN CNPS9500A-LED 92mm Heatsink)

PSU: Corsair TX850W
Storage: WD black 1TB

Boot: Corsair S128 SSD
GPU: EVGA GTX 950ti (Previous- EVGA GTX 465)

My plan was totally going to extreme level with watercooling but still undecided on picking a motherboard either ITX or MaTX. Asrock or Asus. My setup was going to be Galax HOF full white with Project Orthrus repainted/powdercoated white, but i know alot of people say Galax is a rip off but I really like there gpu board white. Still totally not a confirm idea yet so I'm still making plans.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome to the forum.

Cardinal rules of building an SFF system: plan the build around the case, and do your research. The Orthrus isn't designed for open-cooler cards, and the Galax HOF cards are way too big (in every dimension) for it anyway. You can't approach this like an ATX build - you really have to check that everything will fit ahead of time.

HowDeadly

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Dec 27, 2017
Welcome to the forum.

Cardinal rules of building an SFF system: plan the build around the case, and do your research. The Orthrus isn't designed for open-cooler cards, and the Galax HOF cards are way too big (in every dimension) for it anyway. You can't approach this like an ATX build - you really have to check that everything will fit ahead of time.

Thank you for the opinions and idea. But yes I do couple of research and limits on the case and making sure most of the stuff can fit. I'm just waiting for LukeD to finalize the case, specs, and compatibility.