Fitting 2x 120x15mm fans with PSU in the ATX position

Gillingham

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 30, 2019
Is it at all possible to fit two 120x15mm fans in the side braket with an SFX PSU in the front position? The ncase provided SFX bracket seems to push the PSU towards the side panel so the PSU blocks a 15mm being installed.

Visible above: you have <15mm clearance between the side of the PSU and the fan rails.

So I went and bought an SFX to ATX adapter because they seem to advertise that they can offset the PSU to one side over the other, I ended with silverstones model which does that. However the ncase ATX adapter + ATX->SFX drops the ATX bracket too low so it now interferes with the side fan mount rails. Visible below

Is there any proper solution here or is there just no way to pull off 2 15mm fans in the side bracket with a PSU in the front position?

Gillingham

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 30, 2019
Not the least elegant solution I guess, less damaging than what I was considering doing, just drilling and tapping a new set of SFX holes, thanks.
Now to find a left angled PSU cable since my PSU has the power plug towards the side of the case in this setup.