Motherboard Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac CPU temp issues

CubeBucket

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 5, 2017
Hello there, last night I just set up a new mini itx for a frind of mine bsed on a Ryzen 3 2200g and the above stated motherboard.

No issues whatsover because it already has 4.40 bios version.

Anyway, looking at the temperatures I can see the mobo at 28 deegrees celsius, while the cpu is stuck at 127.

What the hell !!

The cpu fan is not spinning like a rocket, so there must be abviously something wrong with the sensor itself. The system does not crash or anything else.

I still have to update the bios to 4.50 and check with hwinfo as soon as I install windows.

CubeBucket

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah 4.40 is a buggy rush job. I'm running 4.43. 4.40 disables the m.2 slot for some reason.

Tonite I'll flash 4.50 and we'll see what's gonna happen. Are you experiencing wifi BSODs too? I'm sick of this.

My board was also shipped with the two capacitors close to the MOBO audio plug, slightly tilted. I don't know if this can be an additional issue.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Are you guys getting bsods using WiFi with just the RyzenG ? I flashed up to 4.43 beta to prep for a possible APU build on this board. However I’m running a 1600 and have not had any bsods at all. WiFi or otherwise. Seems like the early adopter tax is pretty high right now. As in taxing patience!

Any tests you guys suggest? I can run WiFi for a while and see I have any issues if it helps.

omfgzhax

Case Bender
Mar 6, 2018
Hello! Registered just to comment. I had the same issue, the temps were probably okay but the motherboard has serious, and I mean serious issues. The Wifi was giving me endless BSOD's, the M.2 slot didn't work, thinking it was my m.2 I actually RMA'd my m2SSD and got a traditional one. Everything was a huge disaster. I ended up frying the motherboard somehow I have no clue, the computer center I took it to had no idea what happened to it either and I just rma'd the motherboard too. Early adopter tax is an understatement...

There's also the fact that I had to flash the bios by having my computer center do it for $25.
Fug! lol

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hello! Registered just to comment. I had the same issue, the temps were probably okay but the motherboard has serious, and I mean serious issues. The Wifi was giving me endless BSOD's, the M.2 slot didn't work, thinking it was my m.2 I actually RMA'd my m2SSD and got a traditional one. Everything was a huge disaster. I ended up frying the motherboard somehow I have no clue, the computer center I took it to had no idea what happened to it either and I just rma'd the motherboard too. Early adopter tax is an understatement...

There's also the fact that I had to flash the bios by having my computer center do it for $25.
Fug! lol

Missed out the free boot kit. 4.43 solves the issue of M.2 but still waiting for a stable release to get wifi working. It caused a headache and a half. Next time I should wait a month or two.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Man. Sorry to hear that you all are having so many issues. I’m going to keep the 1600 on this one for a while it seems. Hopefully the 400 series boards hit with better support for the APUs and the bios for the 300s gets sorted ASAP.

pawnipt

Efficiency Noob
Mar 22, 2018
I have this board with a ryzen 1500x, im using bios 4.50 and overclocking to 4ghz. and overclocking my ram as well at 3200 mhz c 14 (and it is dual rank samsung e-die) Though i had to use 1.45 volts for the dram. Performance is great. I did give the stock cooler a chance for a little while but I decided to switch to my deepcool gammax 400, cheap but very effective and quieter, though quite large.

I've noticed the motherboard does not change fan speed for the CPU according to the temp reading that Ryzen master reports (Which is the CPU tdie) instead it goes by what the motherboard reads the cpu temp at. Which is a much slower changing temp and can be from 20c - 30c degrees difference. Since this is the case I would recommend a custom fan speed curve that will max the fan speed out at a much lower temp than you might see from ryzen master or a tdie reading if you want to keep your cpu from getting too hot. Otherwise your fan/heatsink might never reach its potential.

Since there is no temp sensor for the VRM I have periodically touched its heatsink while running full system stress tests and it seemed too hot for my liking so I decided to ziptie a small fan to it. I can only imagine that it would get even hotter with a Ryzen 7.

With a Ryzen APU I've read that you might need 1.2 volts for the SOC however it lacks a heatsink. So if you are overclocking your ryzen APU I would think you might need a fan over the VRM And the soc vrm above the cpu.

pawnipt

Efficiency Noob
Mar 22, 2018
My last motherboard really spoiled me with its dual-bios. IT struck me as a suprise finding out this doesn't have a second bios for automatic recovery from a bad flash or setting. The fact that the cmos jumper is under the graphics card is another serious inconvenients! lol

omfgzhax

Case Bender
Mar 6, 2018
Okay so I've recieved my motherboard that I fried and it's back now and running perfectly okay with a usb WiFi dongle. No errors nothing, can i rest assured that the wifi will get fixed in the future it wont be left in the dark? It's really the only thing left that's a problem, my temps are all showing perfectly and everything is well but the WiFi still doesn't work.
Other than that the board is doing great, 2200g in the Chopin runs cool with the Noctua idles at 43c and goes to 65 when doing something intensive. I've come to finally accept the build. It's my first sff case and the temps are low, performance is great and I couldn't be happier with it besides the WiFi and using w10, lul.

s0skey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 17, 2017
I've been running 4.51A for a week now and it completely fixed my WiFi BSOD. It's been rock solid for me otherwise.