Elite 110 spare parts build

R4H8E

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
I know going in that this case isn't very good. I wanted to throw some currently unused parts into something and this case was the right price. I also want a little practice for a future Skyreach 4 Mini build.

The current parts, just waiting on the nvme:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($0.00)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler (Purchased For $0.00)
Motherboard: MSI - B150I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard (Purchased For $0.00)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card (Purchased For $0.00)
Case: Cooler Master - Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-13 02:07 EDT-0400

All I've done so far is put a NF-P14r on the outside of the front frame. Typically 140mm fans don't fit there because of the oversize button/advertisement. The NF-P14r uses 120mm mounting holes even though its 140mm. Using one 120mm hole, one 140mm hole, and a few zip ties made it fit without hacking at the button.

That's all I have for now. Until the nvme shows up there isn't much more I can do since it mounts on the back of the motherboard. If anyone has experience with this case and wants to talk me out of it, let me know. Everything I've read about this case on r/sffpc isn't good. :\

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
My first build was in an Elite 110, not the best case in the world but it is usable. Mine still sees duty as the house computer for web browsing/checking email. Make sure you keep the front filter vacuumed regularly because it does get dusty.

You are using pretty cool running components so shouldn't have any problems, that front intake fan should provide sufficient cooling.

Couple suggestions, make sure and plug the front panel connectors before installing the motherboard because they are a PITA once the board is installed. You have a fully modular PSU which will help but the 24 pin cable is still really long for this case. Trick I learned is route the cable out one of the holes I outlined in red, run it under the fan and back in the other hole. This helps get rid of a lot of the excessive cable.

R4H8E

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
I didn't document the build with pictures very well. I had limited time and when I started going I couldn't be bothered to take pictures. Here is a shot of everything but the psu and some additional drives.

I used rfarmer's suggestion and ran the mobo power cable above the top of the fan. Since I had the fan mounted in a nonstandard way, this was pretty tight and seems like the front grill could pop off. It hasn't yet though.

With the psu in everything starts getting cramped. With more power hungry components this could be a very hot case. Also, I don't think anything is gained by going with a 140mm fan up front. It just gives less room for hiding cables.

I took a SSD and HDD that were laying around and below is everything in and connected.

This cases I/O has it's led blink when it goes to sleep. A little annoying. A suggestion from Tomshardware mentions: If you have a 4 pin speaker connector on your motherboard try connecting your Power LED +/- to the +5V/GND pins located on it. My power led works during use and turns off completely during sleep when connected this way.

I might have to try that, but not anytime soon. It's together and works with good temps.

Reactions: rfarmer