CPU Can the ASUS Prime AP201 support two 360mm radiators?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
It says it only supports 2x120mm fans on the bottom but I don't see anything that would block a 3rd fan, my guess is there just aren't mounting holes. You would have to make sure your rad/fan height won't interfere with the GPU.

SmallComputrBetter

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 13, 2023
It says it only supports 2x120mm fans on the bottom but I don't see anything that would block a 3rd fan, my guess is there just aren't mounting holes. You would have to make sure your rad/fan height won't interfere with the GPU.
How many fans can it fit on the front? I know the psu would block a 2-3 fan setup but can I fit at least one? or are there no mounting holes

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
As I'm using this case for my intermediate build, I can tell you this:

1. Technically, you can mount one 120 mm fan below the PSU, and if you use an SFX PSU, you should be able to mount another one above it. With ATX power supply, its limited to one, and there are no actual mounting points, so you'd have to be creative (read: zip ties, or 3d print a fan holder that re-uses the SSD / 2.5" HDD mounting holes).

Addendum: With an ATX PSU, there might be a chance for a 60 mm fan (or two). Its just not enough space even with a modular PSU, and then there also is the front IO including the power switch.

2. The dual radiator with top and bottom looks very nice - and I was right when I thought at seeing it first: that only works with an SFX PSU.

3. If you really want to try going for a front radiator, you'd have to move the PSU elsewhere; with an SFX PSU, you could mount it with zip ties, or some kind of adapter, to the 120 mm fan spot at the back of the case. Another possible option could be, when using an ITX board, to mount the PSU in similar fashion as in eg. the NR 200 right beside the mainboard, but I guess you'd have to get a bit creative with that.

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: Phuncz and rfarmer