GPU can i attach a gt 1030 gtx 1050 or 1050 ti cooler to a gtx 1060?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
so basically i need to make my evga dual slot gtx 1060 into a single or single and a half slot card im going to cut off the dvi port since i dont need it and i was wondering if any older cards or lower tier cards fro example the gt 1030 or gtx 1050 have the same mounting hole postions as the 1060 that way i can use a cooler like thishttps://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487347 and for the vrms i was thinking i could just attach a pice of copper like this https://images.homedepot-static.com...n-merola-tile-metal-tile-mitsscst-c3_1000.jpg do you guys think that would work pls let me know when you can i need to do this for a project.

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
as the title mentioned above i want to know if i could get a smaller cooler and attach it to my 1060 im aware that would effect the boost clock but i won the silicone lottery so i think i can undervolt the gpu and it wouldn't thermal throttle so i wanted to know if they all use the same mounting systems or not pls respond when you guys can.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
That really depends on the brand, I guess. Each brand can do those differently.

Try to get blueprint of the card without the cooler & compare the shape, mounting holes etc. Email the manufacturer if you have to.

For example, Zotac GTX 950 and GTX 960 cooler (both single fan version) looks very similar, so that may be a good start.

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
That really depends on the brand, I guess. Each brand can do those differently.

Try to get blueprint of the card without the cooler & compare the shape, mounting holes etc. Email the manufacturer if you have to.

For example, Zotac GTX 950 and GTX 960 cooler (both single fan version) looks very similar, so that may be a good start.
thank you for your advice i apprectiate it

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Thread closed as it has gone off topic, but not deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.