Brickless S4M Build Help

RockFlesh

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
Hi everyone, I pretty much have my build figured out except for a couple of things.
I have a rtx 2060 EVGA ko ultra, i5-9600k, and HDPlex 400w ac to dc and dc to atx in the case. The only problem with the build is that the measurements on the AC inlet seem to be off. It won't let me screw it into the case without essentially screwing into the case, not through it. Also my CPU gets up to 82-85° C so I was wondering if I could find a super slim fan to put above it to help cool it down. I'm currently using a Noctua NH l9i as the CPU cooler. Thanks!

RockFlesh

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
So my main question is if anyone knows what the part is called and if you know one that fits the case. Same thing with the fan above the CPU. Here are some pictures of the build

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
I had the same issue. Looks like you already shaved off one of the ends, this will allow it to fit from the inside. I then aligned the top screw holes, and had to angle the bottom one and push onto it to get it in. I did also manage to get it to work from the outside, but again, it was not easy. Seems like there is 1 or 2mm too much space between the holes on the C6 connector compared to the case.

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
Move the HDPlex more to the front and dont screw it to the case. Related to your pictures you can almost move it 1cm.

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
Move the HDPlex more to the front and dont screw it to the case. Related to your pictures you can almost move it 1cm.

I don't think the issue is the spacing w/ the HDPlex, and I don't think it is screwed into the case. The issue is the C6 plastic bracket does not screw into the case because the holes do not align with the ones on the case.

RockFlesh

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
I don't think the issue is the spacing w/ the HDPlex, and I don't think it is screwed into the case. The issue is the C6 plastic bracket does not screw into the case because the holes do not align with the ones on the case.
Right that is the issue. And I believe I have the HDPlex where it's positioned because of the connector going to the graphics card. That connector has some bulk and it doesn't fit when the HDPlex is pushed to the front of the case. I had to take off the side panel of the HDPlex to allow for airflow and so the connector can fit into the graphics card.

RockFlesh

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
I had the same issue. Looks like you already shaved off one of the ends, this will allow it to fit from the inside. I then aligned the top screw holes, and had to angle the bottom one and push onto it to get it in. I did also manage to get it to work from the outside, but again, it was not easy. Seems like there is 1 or 2mm too much space between the holes on the C6 connector compared to the case.
Can you show me what your c6 connector looks like right now?

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
Can you show me what your c6 connector looks like right now?

The above is the c6 connector from Kareon Kables which I think is the same as this one:

The above link I found here:

This includes a comparison between the HDPlex C6 & the one received from Kareon Kables. They are practically identical in terms of spacing as far as I can tell.

I only attached the HDPlex cable from the outside because I have not trimmed it yet, but you can see that when you attach the top and bottom, you will see some flex in the connector. This is how I managed to screw the connector in from the inside for the Kareon Kable connector.

The last picture shows how the spacing is too large on the connector.

I am worried about the space between the front of the case and the HDPlex not providing enough room for airflow (the only space is from the curvature of the cables. I might end up trimming down the default HDPlex C6 connector tonight and seeing if it would be better to just use those as the wrapping around the wires for the ones from Kareon Kables connector basically prevents me from being able to move the cables above the fan (this is my fault, I asked for the sleeved ones).

Final Notes:
Kareon Kables have been absolutely great, I purchased a bunch of stuff from them, and they were recommended the connector and received dimensions from HDPlex themselves from what they told me.

I can't tell if this is a manufacturing issue or an issue with the connector, but it DOES screw in if you allow the connector to flex.

Start with the top screw, then screw in the bottom one by pushing the connector into the frame as you screw into the bottom hole. It did require a decent amount of force (not to screw in, but to keep the connector pressed against the frame after screwing the top hole in).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: RockFlesh