Enclosure Blackmagic Decklink Duo 2 Mini Thunderbolt 4 Enclosure

Schprudl

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Oct 25, 2023
Hi everybody,

this is my first post here, so excuse me if i'm in the wrong place.

I work in broadcasting and i travel a lot from one production to the next. I mainly deal with on screen graphics, and since i travel a lot i need to lug around equipment as well.

Now to my question/idea.

I would like to build a custom eGPU for a Blackmagic Decklink Duo 2 Mini. Now my issue is that i don't know the first thing about building something like this myself, but i've seen some of your custom egpu solutions, so i thought this is the right place to ask.

First and foremost, is it even possible to build something that does not exceed the size of the card itself excessively? (I'm imagining something along the lines of the Adlink pocket AI in terms of size).

Also, would it be possible to build it so it could draw power through the TB3/4 connection, since the card itself is only a PCIEx4 card and does not draw that much to begin with?(to avoid the need for an external Power suppy)

And where do i even begin to start and build something like this? I have no idea what parts i would need or what some of them even would be called. Like i said, i don't know anything.

I do have a 3D Printer to potentially design and print the actual housing myself.

I hope someone here can help me and that i did not break some of your forum rules/came across demanding or rude.

Best regards,

Schprudl

MattMellander

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 10, 2024
Hi everybody,

this is my first post here, so excuse me if i'm in the wrong place.

I work in broadcasting and i travel a lot from one production to the next. I mainly deal with on screen graphics, and since i travel a lot i need to lug around equipment as well.

Now to my question/idea.

I would like to build a custom eGPU for a Blackmagic Decklink Duo 2 Mini. Now my issue is that i don't know the first thing about building something like this myself, but i've seen some of your custom egpu solutions, so i thought this is the right place to ask.

First and foremost, is it even possible to build something that does not exceed the size of the card itself excessively? (I'm imagining something along the lines of the Adlink pocket AI in terms of size).

Also, would it be possible to build it so it could draw power through the TB3/4 connection, since the card itself is only a PCIEx4 card and does not draw that much to begin with?(to avoid the need for an external Power suppy)

And where do i even begin to start and build something like this? I have no idea what parts i would need or what some of them even would be called. Like i said, i don't know anything.

I do have a 3D Printer to potentially design and print the actual housing myself.

I hope someone here can help me and that i did not break some of your forum rules/came across demanding or rude.

Best regards,

Schprudl