Concept baseplate/frame for classic and sandwichlayout

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Hello,

In search for a cheaper alternative to builds inside my k4.32L and k3.93L (HDPLEX 250W GaN and riser cable drives overall cost up) I was back at the classic layout.

But instead of deciding between a refined lasercut k8.87L or k5.18L I wan't to give me or anyone else interested an easy start for any future project using the classic layout... from no graphics card to biggest RTX 4090. From NH-L9i to NH-D15S. External PSU/internal 12V/any number HDPLEX/Flex-ATX/SFX or even ATX.

And instead of my planed k4.4L I'll do the same for a sandwichlayout :)

I will place an order for both but maybe someone has any suggestions?.. and/or would like to share the risk of the initial order with me? I'm confident in the measurements/manufacturing (they made the k4.32L v1.1) but can't guarantee that it will be perfect.

The more I order the cheaper it will be ...it should be at least ~4 of each. If nobody joins me I'll take all ~4 otherwise 2 would be all I need for now.

Classic:

Sandwich:

It will be under 50€ + shipping (I'm located in Germany). Material will be 1mm steel... I want to be able to finish mine with cheap brackets from a hadwarestore and plates that can be cut by a diode laser engraver & cutter (thin wood/plastic).

Last edited:
Reactions: JKBBG