Image Credit – Backblaze

Backblaze is is a cloud storage provider that works with some of the top companies in the world. It’s also been one of the go-to guides for long term hard drive reliability reporting, and has released the failure rates of its drives in an annual report. The 2022 failure rate report has arrived and it’s an interesting read.Keep in mind I said reporting and not testing, which I’ll address later in this news post.

Image Credit – Backblaze
Based on the report, we can see four different manufactures are listed, albeit Seagate has more...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: Skripka

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I think I'll continue my usage of WD drives :D Even though mine are older, but I use them soooooo much less. Reminds me, what's the login to my NAS again -_-

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I think I'll continue my usage of WD drives :D Even though mine are older, but I use them soooooo much less. Reminds me, what's the login to my NAS again -_-

I tend to lean toward WD as well. I've only ever had one fail in my life. Unfortunately it was a 2TB Black model back when that was a big drive. That said, my 74GB Raptor is still going strong. It's in my P3-933 retro system.

My NAS has WD Red Pro drives. Not sure if I'll spend the cash for them again though when I eventually upgrade.

Reactions: rfarmer

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
WD reds here too! I have two of them turning 9 years old in a month and they're still going strong :)

Reactions: Revenant