News Asus RTX 2070 mini

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Slightly shorter in length and height (not thickness) as the zotac mini cards, so this might be good for you s4 mini users. :)

Reactions: fabio

deeree

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
I finally got it. The cooler is very efficient for it's size. Unfortunately the high pressure fans also make clearly audible aerodynamic noise. Too loud for my taste with default fan curve and the M34 case siiting on the table beside me. Fortunately it undervolts amazingly well. I'm running it @ 1830Mhz, 0.863V. With fans at 40% it's silent with temperature around 79C.

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
PCB looks like its similar length to Gigabytes ITX sized card, but the heatsink extends out. It would be great if someone can measure the PCB. If only there is a <183mm cooler that can be mounted on it for Velka 3.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Looks like you have 2 fans on case top for exhaust? If not, I imagine they will further improve the ventilation and brings lower temperature.

deeree

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
Looks like you have 2 fans on case top for exhaust? If not, I imagine they will further improve the ventilation and brings lower temperature.
Yes this case has mounting bracket for two 92x15mm fans on top, under the grille. So it is possible to use Noctua a9x14 fans, which is not possible with Velka 3. I went with cheapest option and bought some oem slim fans on Taobao (I suspect they are the kind used in Corsair SFX PSUs).
PCB looks like its similar length to Gigabytes ITX sized card, but the heatsink extends out. It would be great if someone can measure the PCB. If only there is a <183mm cooler that can be mounted on it for Velka 3.
I don´t think you can easily find compatible cooler. Also I guess the fan connector is something custom for the double fans. I think within this lenght limitation you would be better off just buying Powercolor RX5700 ITX via amazon.jp (if you can deal with it´s UEFI BIOS issue)

Reactions: cennis