Alas, the tech media landscape is changing, sprinting head first into the 30 second TikTok/Reels and 10 minute YouTube video world – instead of the quality, well researched content you’ve been able to find for years from many of the written tech review creators. As this change comes to pass, we’re seeing the death of one of the industry stalwarts – AnandTech. 
While the AnandTech site will be continued to be hosted by their publisher, and the forums there run by passionate moderators, it marks and end of a great in-depth tech information source. No new reviews will be published by the team there, and I, for one, am very saddened by the end. 27 years of great content by the crew at AnandTech has helped shape the industry as we know it.
Sites like AnandTech are what got me started testing and writing about tech in general! Along with this, the site has been a useful source for news when we couldn’t...

Continue reading...

SFFMunkee

Buy first, justify later?
Gold Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
Man this sucks, AnandTech have been going so long I was sure they'd be one of the few that managed to weather the storms.
Very sad to see :(

Reactions: riba2233

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I’m going to miss Anandtech. I’ve been reading them from year 1. It’s sad to see them go. As John mentioned, written articles are still the prime source of detailed information and reviews.

John also mentioned us not posting as much. I just want to touch on that, so I’m going to hijack this thread for moment. We’re all volunteers and we aren’t paid for any work at SFFN. John actually lost money. I think we all have. This isn’t going to change because SFF is niche within niche. As such, we all have “IRL” careers to attend to. I’ve spent the last month or so working heavily on photography and videography projects on a professional level. It left me with an unfortunate choice: write news updates for SFFN or spend time with my elderly parents and young children. You can guess what I choose though I still love the SFFN Community.

I’m not going anywhere mind you, even if my post are less frequent. In fact, I’m working on a few SFFN articles.

SFFN’s strength, heart, and soul has always been the forum and our community. That’s not going to change. I was just a random member for years and lurker before that, and I’ve spoken to several people from various tech outlets who visit and lurk the forum as well. So even if you don’t see our news page updated, or our articles slim down, SFFN is still alive and well. No parent company owns SFFN. We don’t need to make a profit. We have wonderful and dedicated volunteers who work wonders. We have an awesome community that have designed amazing cases. SFFN is here to stay.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Sad to hear about AnandTech's end, their reviews helped me a lot in the past.

Thanks @Revenant for the little reminder about SFFN staff being all volunteers and working on their free time to give us a place to share our passion. Props to you guys for the quality job on the articles, the forum and on all the hidden work! 👏