'Allo Guv'nuh

Long time lurker, decided to join up to converse with others. I'm a former employee of CaseLabs and NZXT and looking to possibly design my own (big) SFF case. Curious about the community and all the of designs/mods people come up with.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
What's all this then?

Welcome to the forum !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF!

Reactions: Phuncz and XNine

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Long time lurker, decided to join up to converse with others. I'm a former employee of CaseLabs and NZXT and looking to possibly design my own (big) SFF case. Curious about the community and all the of designs/mods people come up with.
Oh, CaseLabs.
Big SFF case? How big do you have in mind? Right around the 20L 'limit' ?
I hope you can have something in the range of 11-13L. To me, this is the sweet spot.

Reactions: XNine

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 11, 2022
What's all this then?

Welcome to the forum !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF!

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Oh, CaseLabs.
Big SFF case? How big do you have in mind? Right around the 20L 'limit' ?
I hope you can have something in the range of 11-13L. To me, this is the sweet spot.

I hear someone from Sweden bought all the IP to CaseLabs...will be interesting to see....

I'm thinking right around 20L. Reason being, is that there's so few cases out there that actually support watercooling and wire management. SSF is great, and I admire those who can cram every ounce of performance they can into a rubix cube, but there's virtually no cases out there that allow for clean cable management and a variety of hardware choices for custom loops. It's almost like a "one set of hardware works and nothing else" kind of approach and it's frustrating, though I do like the Slate case... I think that one is closest to what I would want.

This will definitely be a personal project that takes a lot of cues from the Hex Gear R40 chassis, and I don't plan to market it, but maybe but all the specs up for others to build it if they like it. I guess we'll see.