A gnu/linux random guy

Hi there.

Hope everyone is doing well and have good times.

I'm a random gnu/linux guy , sysadmin is my profession in Europe.

I'm definitely a FLOSS supporter and enthousiast and only use floss at home and a lot at work.

I'm planning to initiate a new homelab project with energy efficiency in mind and kiss principle.

I got some SFF stuff i already mixed to do some funny stuff.

My favorite distros are :

* servers are : debian, rhel , alpine , proxmox.
* workstations: voidlinux , nixOS, fedora silverblue

I'm definitely not a microsoft person and will never be.

i'm on the tracks of learning BSD and get into zfs more deeply.

I really enjoy spending time in terminal,

i'm definitely not a dev but really enjoy writing ansible playbook and roles.

See you ;)

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Welcome to the forum ! We are quite a few Linux/Unix users around here, me included 😊

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
I'm a developer and I can tell you: Thats more SysAdmin than Developer territory. Oh well, and then there are DevOps (Jacks of all trades, masters of none) :D

Oh, and welcome :)

cu, w0lf.
Got back into Linux a few months ago & am trying out a variety of distributions in my SFF PC's & laptop. Would be glad if we had a Forum or discussion area where we could post questions pertaining to Linux in our SFF builds. I note an audio static issue that develops after 30 to 60 minutes using Debian 12 stable on the Aorus B550 ITX motherboard with both the AMD 5700G and 4750G Pro. Other Debian 12 based distributions MX Linux, LMDE, Q4OS, as well as Open SUSE Tumbleweed as well as Windows 10 & 11 do not have any audio issues. No resolution on the Debian user forum.

• Love
Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Got back into Linux a few months ago & am trying out a variety of distributions in my SFF PC's & laptop. Would be glad if we had a Forum or discussion area where we could post questions pertaining to Linux in our SFF builds. I note an audio static issue that develops after 30 to 60 minutes using Debian 12 stable on the Aorus B550 ITX motherboard with both the AMD 5700G and 4750G Pro. Other Debian 12 based distributions MX Linux, LMDE, Q4OS, as well as Open SUSE Tumbleweed as well as Windows 10 & 11 do not have any audio issues. No resolution on the Debian user forum.
I'd suggest going with MX Linux, its the most "debianish but not nasty" distro so far (using 21.3 here on the main system rn). Also, using Liquorix as a replacement kernel has been working very nicely.

Siduction (and Debian sid in general) is all nice for testing with bleeding-edge hardware and fallback purposes, but can be hard to handle, esp. because "apt" is their choice over much more userfriendly GUI solutions (basically over ALL GUI solutions, no matter if they're very rudimentary or mature like Synaptic).

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
I'd suggest going with MX Linux, its the most "debianish but not nasty" distro so far (using 21.3 here on the main system rn). Also, using Liquorix as a replacement kernel has been working very nicely.

Siduction (and Debian sid in general) is all nice for testing with bleeding-edge hardware and fallback purposes, but can be hard to handle, esp. because "apt" is their choice over much more userfriendly GUI solutions (basically over ALL GUI solutions, no matter if they're very rudimentary or mature like Synaptic).
MX23 Linux AHS with the newer kernel has become my main daily driver as the Xfce desktop is my desktop of choice. The tool set is outstanding, and they even have XNViewMP my favorite jpeg photo processing program in their repository (have not seen it in any other repository). But on my HP AMD powered laptop from 2020, MX23 Linux, both AHS & regular kernel, have a video driver issue leaving me with only 1024x768 (4x3) video. So for the laptop I use Debian 12 Xfce stable that works without issue - I just have to scout through Synaptic to locate some similar tools like those included with MX. On another Aorus B550 build I tried Debian 12 stable again with the same static after 30 minutes - but BookwormPuppy had no such issue...how can that be?