Power Supply 400W 12V External GaN PSU (ATM450A2-P120 - Adapter Technology)

protocolsix

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 24, 2022
I just came across this external PSU:

Seems pretty ideal for an external brick build in conjunction with J-HACK M2426. Can't find it sold anywhere yet but will be at their booth at Computex 2023
  • ATM450A2-P120
  • 12V 33.34A 400W
  • L 254 × W 116 × H 47 (mm)
  • http://www.adaptertech.com.tw/I-T-E---Medical-450W-GaN-Series.html?CID=2_2

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
The power brick is quite powerful, but it's not THAT much more powerful than Mean Well's currently most powerful external power brick.

That said, however, I checked the M2426 unit by J-Hack, as I wasn't aware of it and, doesn't it require 5VSB and PS_ON to function properly? Like, is there an easy way to use it without an actual SFX PSU? Also, I checked and it would cost me an arm to order one in Canada, loll

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I checked the M2426 unit by J-Hack, as I wasn't aware of it and, doesn't it require 5VSB and PS_ON to function properly? Like, is there an easy way to use it without an actual SFX PSU?
Without PS_ON, not all but some GPUs will still have their fans running at full speed even if the system is powered down.

There are two PS_ON connectors on the M2426, one for ATX PSUs and one for compatible 12V PSUs.
I'm enjoying running the M2426 along with an internal MeanWell PSU.
Have a look at my LiGHTPC build (see sig) for more detailed info! :)

Reactions: princess_daphie

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
Without PS_ON, not all but some GPUs will still have their fans running at full speed even if the system is powered down.

There are two PS_ON connectors on the M2426, one for ATX PSUs and one for compatible 12V PSUs.
I'm enjoying running the M2426 along with an internal MeanWell PSU.
Have a look at my LiGHTPC build (see sig) for more detailed info! :)
Ohhh, that's good to know. I think I hadn't understood what 5VSB and PS_ON were doing exactly. I had kind of understood it backwards, lol. So, in essence, with an external power brick, it's not that big of a deal, except for the GPU fans if plugged directly into the power input. Thanks!

Also, your LiGHTPC looks good and love the power supply design, yeah!

Reactions: BaK