Storage 2.5 inch hdd question

Bambam625

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 5, 2017
Hey guys, im doing a build for my girlfriend, and she wants a small form factor case. Ill either be using the mlo8 or the node 202.

The number one issue i have with these cases is that i plan to put a r9 fury nitro inside of it. So, theres no room for a 3.5 inch drive. So im considering getting this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&linkId=e085c3c13883187234a43c80b66f3be9&th=1

Do you think ill have any issues using this for her pc?

I have been comparing and contrasting benchmarks for this hdd, and everyone seems to like it and its the highest rated 2.5 inch hdd u can get that ive found.

I wanted to put a regular ssd in there but in order to get the capacity I want, ill almost be spending more than the entire pc, so i decided to go for the number one rated 2.5 inch hybrid hdd.

Ive never messed with these drives and was just wondering what you fellas thought about it?

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
Well just from my experience, Seagate and WD too are the only HDDs that have ever failed on me...............When I use 2.5" HDD 1TB now, I use Toshiba.................

Reactions: Bambam625

Chrizz

Average Stuffer
Jan 23, 2017
I recommend a small SSD (128 or 256GB) with a 1TB 2.5" HDD. The speed difference between HDD and SSD is worth the money.

Well just from my experience, Seagate and WD too are the only HDDs that have ever failed on me...............When I use 2.5" HDD 1TB now, I use Toshiba.................
Your sample size of 3 is fairly meaningless.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I've run over 100 2.5" drives over the years and only Seagates have failed on me. Apart from that, if pure storage is the goal, go for it. I do agree with the comment above though about small SSD for OS, apps, and a large mechanical drive for files.

Bambam625

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 5, 2017
Reactions: jØrd

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
Your sample size of 3 is fairly meaningless.[/QUOTE]

Not to me it`s not............I was was giving my experience, not conducting a scientific data crunching exercise for such as yourself..

Reactions: jtd871