Looking good. I think once everything is together 1/2” will be sturdy enough, but no reason not to move up to 3/4” as the lumber is probably starting out close to that thickness anyways so I don’t imagine price should change too much. 3/4” lumber will probably also be less prone to warping.
I would be worried about recycling the hot air that exhausts out of the card on the side of the case. With enough airflow from the front fans I doubt this would be a big issue, but probably not "ideal". Are you planning any vents out of the side of the case? That would allow somewhere for the...
I can’t rotate the image on mobile but I made a bracket to hold down the top of the pcie bracket and I put a screw in on the bottom of the back plate that holds the bottom of the pcie bracket on the gpu down.
Well it has been a busy start to the year. I switched jobs at the end of February and haven't had a ton of time to work on the PC case. I did use the job switch as an excuse to buy and build a CNC, which helped me make some nicer looking MDF pieces for the prototype than I would have been able...
Ah oh well. I have found that some brad point bits don't perform as well as others, but I've also never drilled through the think layer ply that you're working with. A tiny forstner bit might be another thing to try if there is ever a next time.
Regardless, I think this will look really slick...
I’d recommend a brad point bit for drilling the holes if you decide to redo it. Traditional bits don’t sever the fibers of the wood before they drill the hole. A good Brad point bit would solve this. The recommendation about a sacrificial board was also a good one. I’d put on the the top and...
I’ve got a batch of fronts for the Velka 3 that I’ve almost finished but haven’t posted yet. I’ve been in the middle of switching jobs and life has gotten kind of crazy. I’m hoping to get those finished and start moving on some other small batches soon. If there’s anything I can help with let me...
Awesome news! I really had to prime my loop well to get it to flow... literally had to suck liquid through one end. I imagine having the GPU in there as well makes it even harder, but I am glad it is working for you now.
They are like 90 bucks, but I think they might be too large for your application.
Did you force the pump to run at 100% when you tested? I know when I originally had my Eisbaer LT connected to my mobo header it wasn't pumping at 100% because of the fan curve that was applied. In your pic is...
I'm looking forward to the build!
For drilling ventilation holes, you might try 3D printing a guide with the pattern you want and just using a hand drill with a nice brad point bit. You just gotta keep that drill bit cool.
Sunday Update
I redid a lot of the original CAD in Fusion 360 and made some of the design modifications I was thinking about. I also played around with the render functionality and whipped up this render of the updated design:
Changes:
Flipping the orientation of the PSU (from bottom to top)...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.