I would risk saying that the possible 3060 card could be pushed by an AIB to make it match a 2080 S. The only limiting factor I could see is the amount of memory for a 3060, but perhaps its new architecture will make up for that.
Ello',
As the title says - I bought an SM570 and I just stupidly realized that a 240mm AIO will NOT pass TSA inspection for non-checked baggage due to the fluid amount. I'm looking for some suggestions to maximize the cooling in this style case outside of using the 240mm AIO.
Of course I'm...
The question is pretty much in the title :)
That said I'll give some context - I am moving my build in to an SM550 from Sliger, I believe I've found some good backpacks and possibly travel friendly cases it will fit (Plus Peripherals) however I didn't find an overwhelming abundance of people...
Honestly - now that the card is working as I had hoped I don't think I will. For really not much more performance I'd be paying at minimum an extra $110 for a 2070S, and I say not much more performance when it comes to my uses for the GPU.
From Start To Finish - Too many images to post up individually unfortunately.
Some notes:
- The best I could get with current cooling: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31919921
- I had an ATX power supply in at first, this is not ideal and cable management was no fun. The SFX supply was...
I went with Sapphire specifically from reading on their quality and how well built they usually are. I talked a bit more to the guy in the store and they've had about ten of those cards returned recently for the same issue.
So - I went through three cards until I got one that will work after updates from the store. ? I had to do a full windows reset each time though.
I have to say for the trouble it has been the GPU is running great but damn does it get hot. I have two intakes pushing cold air into it and it still...
My CPU stays pretty cool, I'll run a cinebench on it and post at some point today. And yes I'm using the base fan that came with the cooler.
My GPU is the issue - I'm considering deshrouding it and use two 120x25mm noctua fans on the side of the case to produce better airflow. That or swapping...
Shows me a laptop with a sub 2K cost with a 17.3" 1440K display that has equivalent specs to this desktop build and I'll happily go that route - but I just haven't seen anything that has what I'm looking for outside of these ITX builds.
Update - I've been absolutely let down by the high hopes I had for this AMD GPU, HDMI ports die after driver updates and even DP ports are iffy after each re-boot. I can't say that I expected an AMD GPU to perform without error, but this borders on making the system un-usable and I'll probably...
Thanks - I had actually gone with that PSU originally but swapped due to availability. Magically amazon suddenly had one in stock for immediate shipping so I snatched it up and added the adapter with it just to be safe.
Thank you for linking it! I have an SFC supply and this adapter on the way as well - I'll probably keep the extra PSU for when I make my step-daughter her own rig in a few months.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.