Recent content by rfarmer

  1. rfarmer

    Log Ncase T1 v 2.5

    I didn't even think about airflow. I had 3p printed plugs in it before but I really didn't like the way they looked. So since I've had the AIO I've had plugs in the back.
  2. rfarmer

    Log Ncase T1 v 2.5

    Did some more mods to my build. Zccoi Mod has some interesting accessories for the T1, both the FormD and the Ncase versions. I got some M19 hole plugs and some cover plates for the gaps on the back of the case around the GPU and motherboard. CNC aluminum and nice quality. I also got what...
  3. rfarmer

    Log mATX SFF, research + builds (Mesh-mATX) - finished

    Curious to see your 270k build.
  4. rfarmer

    Log FormD T1 meets MinisForum BD790i! (Build Log & benchmarks)

    I finally ordered the LinkUp riser and you are right it's the perfect length, hopefully works well since the cheap riser I had from AliExpress was giving me some display issues.
  5. rfarmer

    SFF.Network More Power for Less Money: Build Your Own Steam Machine

    Nope stock settings, temps were good so I didn't even mess with it.
  6. rfarmer

    SFF.Network More Power for Less Money: Build Your Own Steam Machine

    I decided to do a Steam Machine build to see what I could come up with. I had most of the parts already which really kept the cost down. I had the CPU, motherboard and ram from my last upgrade. I have coolers, fans and SSDs. I wanted a SG13 since it is cube shaped and I found one on Performance...
  7. rfarmer

    SFF.Network SFF Friendly 2-Slot PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 9070 XT Reaper 16GB on Sale for $629 at Micro Center

    We did have a CompUSA where I am back in the day and I loved going in there and just looking around. Now about the best I can do for local PC parts is Best Buy and Walmart and they pretty much suck.
  8. rfarmer

    SFF.Network SFF Friendly 2-Slot PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 9070 XT Reaper 16GB on Sale for $629 at Micro Center

    I'm in the US but the closest Microcenter to me is 1,100 miles, maybe one day they will build one in the Pacific Northwest.
  9. rfarmer

    Log mATX SFF, research + builds (Mesh-mATX) - finished

    The Board has been solid. I haven't used an Asrock board since like B85 and this one seems really good, rear IO is a bit sparse compared to the MSI but it is slightly better than the Gigabyte z890i I was using before. I wanted at least 3xM.2 slots and the MSI was more money and I didn't want a...
  10. rfarmer

    Discussion Has Louqe Computer Gone Out-of-Business?

    Nice, I like the way the orange looks with the black side panel. I have 32gb of 7200 MHz ram I bought 2 years ago for $130, that ram now, if you can find it, is $450 and up.
  11. rfarmer

    Log FormD T1 meets MinisForum BD790i! (Build Log & benchmarks)

    Thanks for the heads up, is this the correct version?
  12. rfarmer

    Log FormD T1 meets MinisForum BD790i! (Build Log & benchmarks)

    Very nice, glad it is working for you. How is that riser, any issues? I've been considering upgrading mine.
  13. rfarmer

    Log FormD T1 meets MinisForum BD790i! (Build Log & benchmarks)

    Oh wow I saw that on Reddit but didn't realize it was you, that's wild
  14. rfarmer

    Log SMALLEST ATX CASE : CERBERUS-X (Complete build log)

    That's too bad about the z890i Edge, pretty insane fan speeds. I was checking my AsRock and see that the VRM fan runs at 3800rpm, idle anyway and until you asked me I didn't even realize that it had a VRM fan. I have avoided them in the past since they all seem to be loud but apparently I got...
  15. rfarmer

    Log Ncase T1 v 2.5

    Yes gen 4 works fine, they list gen 5 but it isn't.