This is just simply playing with power limits. It should used in tandem with undervolting for best benefits. But just as you demonstrated, yes you'll see minimal performance decrease from reduction in power until a certain point. I've personally found from my own experimentation that the results...
Nice. I've been eyeing a few cases from China for myself but Ive noticed most of them list internal dimensions (3.96L is also internal). I've seen people saying the actual size for the k39 being 4.35L to 4.47L. Could you measure the actual dimension of the case?
Summary
Antenna
Default Asrock
Super Short (20mm)
Short (30mm)
Geometric Mean
213.8
189.4
198
Percent Perf
100
88.6
92.6
Note: Derived from Transmit/Receive benchmarks
Detailed Result (Tested using iperf)
Signal Strength (%)
Antenna
Default Asrock
Super Short (20mm)
Short (30mm)...
Performance/Price not worth it imo.
At 3600, cl14 is about 7.78ns latency and cl16 is 8.88ns. There's other important variables to consider but real performance typically scales much less than linearly from latency. Even if the 13% latency decrease translated to a direct absurd 13% performance...
1. Most practical is to buy a power supply with lower ripple noise in the first place
2. Undervolting would do nothing to help against ripple noise
3. Won't help with ripple noise
For the 6 pin, the main post suggests soldering and heatshrinking wires to combine them. Is combining them at the plug by crimping the wires together not recommended?
The power of 2 on volume makes it seem like we're weighing volume more than cpu and gpu. But it's not. This is basically like how 26% of 50 is the same as 50% of 26. Mathematically it's the same but on face value to us it seems like completely different values. Using the geometric mean IS...
Hi!
I've already started commenting on the PPL thread. I'm pretty casual/noob currently with a node 202 that started off as an apu with a 2200g that I added a rx 580 for a really good deal at 80 USD a year ago. I came across the PPL thread and I've been completely enthralled and I jus had to...
Yes. I was wrong by ignoring the power on volume thinking it didn't matter but it does have a very major impact.
Geometric mean for 2 terms = (a * b)^0.5
Current: CPU*GPU / Volume ^1.5
Correct: Geometric Mean / Volume
Incorrect: Geometric Mean / Volume ^ 1.5
Simple: CPU * GPU / Volume ^ 2...
Love this PPL metric! Got me to sign up to this site.
Can I suggest a slight change to how the calculations are done? Currently, the performance scores are a simple multiplication which will be biased based towards either cpu or gpu depending on the scale. Using the geometric mean instead will...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.