Hi Kitsune, I'm really enjoying this build log, thank you for posting everything in such detail! This is my dream build so this thread is invaluable :) I wanted to ask if the above 45 degree fittings wont cause issues with the thick side radiator as @Blubbie21 mentioned earlier? Also, I've done...
Optimum Tech’s most recent nr200 vid shows the nh-u12a installed, which has the same 158mm height as the nh-u12s. The listed spec may refer the restriction imposed by the side bracket, which Ali notes conflicts with the cooler in the aforementioned vid.
The psu orientation is a good point. If...
I’m curious to see how much more performance can be wrung out of the nh-u12a by experimenting with a variety of fan configs. Additionally Ali’s new test setup in the above vid has high cpu thermal output relative to the gpu, but I imagine an 8-core/16-thread paired with an rtx 3080 (more of an...
So there appears to be some confusion on the cpu cooler clearance: Ali stated 158mm clearance, but the official spec is 155mm. Additionally, the techtesters video on the nr200 uses coolermasters hyper 212 black which is 158.8mm tall and proves to be too tall with the tempered glass side panel...
The fact that I could fit an NH-U12A in this thing is pretty much a deal-maker. Mounting it with a 90 degree rotation should go really nicely with bottom to top airflow.
Yea seems like people are already pointing out the restricted airflow for that front 200mm. They couldn't really be launching a case based around a giant fan, and then choke the fan could they?!
Sorry to hear about the smelly tubing :/ Also, tubing ID does not affect flow because your fittings (or the inlets/outlets they’re fit to) constrict the flow regardless.
After digging through the Chiphell links I found an absolutely gorgeous build using a 3-slotter gpu, an H60 cooling the cpu, and a friggin 3-d printed lightbox stand! If you use google translate (per Wahaha's recommendation) the builder provides a lot of great info: the vertical, inverted gpu...
Yea, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for an Ampere 3-slot with a 'quiet' option. After all, higher clocks imply the possibility of less noise at stock clocks because of the increased thermal capacity the extra radiator space provides.
I suppose it’s a trade-off then between higher turbulence but lower fan rpm on a three slot gpu vs lower turbulence but a higher fan rpm on a 2 slot gpu ( in the 3-slot config).
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.