Shortest new GPU I've been able to find is the EVGA 3060 Ti at 201.8mm. There's hope with the 3060 (with or without Ti) and whatever AMD slots against it.
Are you talking about the "covered" option with the extended front and rear panels? It does look like those will go a long way to keeping everything rigid. I think @ten13th's main concern was the stability in the extended position without these extended panels (e.g. extra large bottom expand...
With good countersinks on the holes and the 2mm rolled aluminum it should be fairly stiff, especially with just the large expand (I'm assuming that's what's pictured). I'd be a little concerned on the extra-large expand, uncovered though. Then the contact surface between the bottom and core of...
In that case everything looks great. If you're restricted on parts selection for the case and CPU cooler, there's nothing wrong with what you have. I'm not a fan of the layout of the case, but it should work fine for your needs. I can't figure out what the airflow looks like inside with the...
Your build does raise a few questions. First, what are your storage requirements? You don't have any HDD or SSD listed. Typically your'e looking at something like a 500GB NVME for your primary drive, then some SSDs or HDDs for any additional storage depending on your needs.
Your build is a bit...
I highly recommend testing and speccing a torque. It will give you some protection against somebody doing something stupid and blaming you/the case. You may think it's hard to break, but don't underestimate the customer's ability to break things. I'm speaking from experience as an equipment...
By screaming I just mean loud. Most of that is coming from the dual 60x10 fans on top. I set them using the FANtastic tuning from my ASRock b450i BIOS. I haven't spent any time fine tuning the settings.
Just got my tester this morning and it's set up and running great! Pics and details in a bit when Time Spy finishes.
Edit:
Everything is running great. There's a new higher pitched fan noise with a bit of whine, but that noise doesn't come on until my other fans are screaming anyway, so that...
Be careful about this one. This is a batch order that has been massively delayed, and the vendor has been very uncommunicative about the whole thing. I ordered mine in December and I'm still waiting. I bought a cheap ATX PSU to hold me over, but my patience is running very thin.
SFF.NET even...
I believe RAM height and cooler height are not measured from the same reference. the cooler is measured from the top of the CPU while the RAM is the total height of the card. The bottom of the RAM card will sit lower than the top of the CPU. So RAM clearance height would be higher. 5mm sounds...
I don't quite get the low profile GPU market. There's enough market for GPU manufacturers to produce the card, but not enough for any good SFF cases? To me it looks like a minor bump in size from a good APU case to fit two low card slots. You'll never need more than 200W (unless the GPU takes...
To be clear about USB-C. It's only in reference to GPUs coming out with that connector on it. Which you would need if you wanted GPU graphics over USB-C. I can also see this becoming more of a standard port on future GPUs.
Most motherboards these days have at least one USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C port...
There's 2 things to look at regarding internal connectors here. The first is the special PCIe riser that I think will allow the GPU to be placed at 90 degree angles in 2 axes from its typical orientation relative to the motherboard. He's listed it as PCIe 3.0x16. This isn't the newest standard...
The HDPEX 400W AC-DC is 180mm long, which is 30mm longer than a flex ATX, and just 5 mm short of the maximum internal depth of the Velka 3. This wouldn't leave any room for the power button, or the DC output cable on the supply. You can maybe alter the case a bit so it will stick out the back...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.