Btw, not sure if you were planning to use an ek se280.
You can deshroud a EK radiator to get it smaller by ~2mm in each dimension. You will lose the fan mounting holes, but I guess it isnt a problem for your passive rad setup.
I agree with stanleyguan...
The passive side rad could heat up the intake air = less efficiency for the top rad.
One thing you may consider is the loop order. Putting the top rad (hotter air, hotter liquid) BEFORE the side rad (cooler air, cooler liquid) can be a much better setup (also proven...
I just use double sided taps on the top and bottom.
It is sealed for 3 edges only. The back panel of the case is not touching the TG panel. There is a small gap for the thickness of the oem mesh panel.
But the Alphacool Plexi top has all side ports you need. ?
I did manage to put the dual DC-LT next to the top TX240, well, with power cord and power button relocated to elsewhere.
It is a lot of effort for a lot of fun. Temp is just a bonus.
I didnt test it without the rad but believe the passive rad in this setup is at best 1C improvement over just the tx240.
BTW those 4020s max out at 8k rpm if you really want the performance and hearing loss.
Thank you.
I finally installed the fansssss.
Cable management is a disaster. It is definitely not as clean as fabio's tx120 ( ? ).
Ran a quick test and got 3~4C improvement @30% PWM (~3k RPM, which has similar noise level of full speed a12x15)
Will have more tests when I have time.
The...
I had an similar idea before but realized that it was impractical to place the 40mm*N rad horizontally.
Basically, the riser cable of the GPU will block most of the air intake. And most likely you are forced to drive 2 or 3 rad with one DC-LT pump.
I ended up with this garbage concept...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.