Parts:
- i3 hawell U - nuc + msata drive
- 2x plexi 3mm laser cut panels
- some standoffs/screws
- copper adapter core/gpu from streacom case (I am not sure)
- copper heatsink from old cpu - opteron s939/940 i guess
accidently i found 7.4/5.5mm DC adatper to 5.5/2.5 DC so i decided to make adapter for my acer z35 (2560x1080 200Hz G-sync)
power consumption:
brightness:
0% - 27W
100% 61W
so very low
i set it for 50% bcoz its perfect for me - i got 38-41W -so from 12V, even with loses on convert max should...
its preety easy
at first you have to check how much energy your monitor need - will be good to check with stock psu brick
for exapmple if its need 75W this will be about 4A from 19V but with converrter you will be about 6-7A
for max 8A you can plug it to single 12V pin from PSU on 1mm cable -...
news:
1. total weight 10,7kg
2. after I place PC near monitor at my desk - PC looks empty, so probably I will made plate with power button and USB3.0, also on other side of this plate I can put 12 @ 19V step up converter for 19V OUT for asus/acer/lg monitors
furmark 10-15min (after 8-9 min temps are constant)
stock cooling 71*C - LOUD
noctua u12s on gpu - 68*C - SILENT
noctua d14 on gpu - 54*C - VERY SILENT
yes, but this laptop 15,6" panel with eDP controller - most of them are for 12V so in this case i can power it via 1:1 cable
most of normal monitors with external PSU (LG/ASUS) are for 19V so then I have to use step up converter 12V @ 19V
for example asus PG279Q takes between 25-75W (depend...
90 degreee atx24pin adapter from ebay (I paid about 5$ for it)
and I remove (chop off) 24pin female socket by hacksaw and solder cables directly to it
i put foam on it - 3d print cover will be better but dont have time for doing it right now
remember this DC socket on back of case?
this is 12V OUT (on pics i connected 15,6" 4K display, but with step up converter I can plug asus/acer displays (19V)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.