Production ZS Cases - A4 V3.2 8.4L - Minor Update

oButto

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 28, 2020
Quick question. Is this the cable you're talking about?

I recently saw someone say that ZS had changed the cable to this one, which is different than the one they showed in the C14 update.
No they just sent a generic C14 cut to the same length that doesn't fit into the cutout. I didn't even try to squeeze it in as it was obviously not a correct fit. It did fix my intermittent freezing/shut down issues though (sounds like a few more and I'd have a fire on my hands :3)

TorpedoBen

Efficiency Noob
Jun 21, 2021
Reactions: guniens

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Just to re-confirm, talking to Taobao seller they confirmed changing the socket as shown in this image

Expected to ship out before 10th August as told.
Hey, thanks for the update.

That confirmation is reassuring but there is something strange, at least once a week I log in to see the images posted by buyers on TaoBao and I have yet to see any with the new cable shown in the images, only the shady c6. Will only versions shipped before August 10 include it? Because as far as I know there hasn't been an official statement from the manufacturer regarding the update. Good news nonetheless!

Edit: Please post pictures when you receive the case! 🙏

Last edited:

TorpedoBen

Efficiency Noob
Jun 21, 2021
Just to re-confirm, talking to Taobao seller they confirmed changing the socket as shown in this image

Expected to ship out before 10th August as told.
Do we know if they had to change the size of the cutout to accommodate this new cable? I'm hoping it's backwards compatible and those of us with an old V3/3.1 can request one!

Reactions: guniens and Kapsi

shadww

Cable Smoosher
Jul 12, 2021
Hey, thanks for the update.

That confirmation is reassuring but there is something strange, at least once a week I log in to see the images posted by buyers on TaoBao and I have yet to see any with the new cable shown in the images, only the shady c6. Will only versions shipped before August 10 include it? Because as far as I know there hasn't been an official statement from the manufacturer regarding the update. Good news nonetheless!

Edit: Please post pictures when you receive the case! 🙏
@Kapsi
Yah no images on Taobao pages yet. I actually ordered one yesterday, but the seller contacted me and told me it is better to wait for the new version that has this new cable (that explain why stock showed low inventory of 1-3 pieces). I agreed to wait as it looks like a better solution.

Will update with pictures when I get hold of it.

@TorpedoBen
Frankly I have no information on that. I do hope it is, as it will allow us to replace the cable in the old variation.
In my previous order they shipped me this C13 cable. But it was really hard to install it, while also it did not fully fit in (and this was after my trying to apply as much force on it to get it to fit in, I feelt like damaging the case)

I would love to be able to replace that with newly shown hook mechanic, however fingerscrossed until they ship hopefully before August 10th.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
@Kapsi
Yah no images on Taobao pages yet. I actually ordered one yesterday, but the seller contacted me and told me it is better to wait for the new version that has this new cable (that explain why stock showed low inventory of 1-3 pieces). I agreed to wait as it looks like a better solution.

Will update with pictures when I get hold of it.

@TorpedoBen
Frankly I have no information on that. I do hope it is, as it will allow us to replace the cable in the old variation.
In my previous order they shipped me this C13 cable. But it was really hard to install it, while also it did not fully fit in (and this was after my trying to apply as much force on it to get it to fit in, I feelt like damaging the case)

I would love to be able to replace that with newly shown hook mechanic, however fingerscrossed until they ship hopefully before August 10th.
Hi
May I suggest to ask the seller to make a small number of back panels with the new socket cutout but for V3 owners also? Since they're already changing it to fit the new socket and It's basically the same but 2mm shorter.
Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Reactions: TorpedoBen

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hi
May I suggest to ask the seller to make a small number of back panels with the new socket cutout but for V3 owners also? Since they're already changing it to fit the new socket and It's basically the same but 2mm shorter.
You can him directly yourself. He is member @ZS-Cases .
Well, he is serving customers outside of China and so I suppose he has nothing to do with Taobao. But he can pass on design info to the designer.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi @ZS-Cases
Would you please consider making a small number of new back panels which are compatible with V3? It's just 2mm shorter and would make me and I think also other v3 owners very happy.

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys! For all of you who have not seen the update yet. Check the first post. ZS-A4 v3.2 confirmed mid-August!

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
Hi I received the white gen 3.0 PCIE Riser a few days ago and after some testing with my older and longer risers, I am noticing a significant drop in FPS after some usage. I go into Apex and the first game is fine. All statistics show proper GPU usage etc. When I get to the second game(I imagine the riser heats up more) I see a drop in FPS my about half but. GPU usage still the same. I am on a RTX 3070 with an average temp of 60c while gaming with a Ryzen 3600 and have pushed 175-200 fps consistently before. With this newly attained riser I've been in the range of 70 fps after one game

Is there any stat other than GPU usage that I can use to verify this? All other things equal. same drivers, and display.

TorpedoBen

Efficiency Noob
Jun 21, 2021
Hi I received the white gen 3.0 PCIE Riser a few days ago and after some testing with my older and longer risers, I am noticing a significant drop in FPS after some usage. I go into Apex and the first game is fine. All statistics show proper GPU usage etc. When I get to the second game(I imagine the riser heats up more) I see a drop in FPS my about half but. GPU usage still the same. I am on a RTX 3070 with an average temp of 60c while gaming with a Ryzen 3600 and have pushed 175-200 fps consistently before. With this newly attained riser I've been in the range of 70 fps after one game

Is there any stat other than GPU usage that I can use to verify this? All other things equal. same drivers, and display.

TorpedoBen

Efficiency Noob
Jun 21, 2021
See if you can reproduce this issue when the GPU is installed directly into the motherboard's PCIe slot. If frames bounce back to normal then the ZS riser is likely the culprit

Reactions: rfarmer

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
See if you can reproduce this issue when the GPU is installed directly into the motherboard's PCIe slot. If frames bounce back to normal then the ZS riser is likely the culprit
Yea after testing directly into my board and with another riser. I can confirm that the ZS riser cannot provide proper signal for my setup

Reactions: TorpedoBen

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
No, they're based out of Dongguan City (Guangdong Province) in China. The main support person, Mike, may be somewhere else though. Not sure why Australian dollars is their default currency.
Their factory is in China. No doubt about this. But I am not sure if they are in Dongguan because, in their Taobao page, the contact phone number is a Hunan number and the cases are shipped out from Changsha, Hunan.

Anyway, they also have an operation point in Sydney, which serves the market outside China while China is served by Taobao. This should be the reason why Australian dollars is used as the default currency in their website.
See their introduction here:-

Last edited:

AlmightyBeing

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2021
Their factory is in China. No doubt about this. But I am not sure if they are in Dongguan because, in their Taobao page, the contact phone number is a Hunan number and the cases are shipped out from Changsha, Hunan.

Anyway, they also have an operation point in Sydney, which serves the market outside China while China is served by Taobao. This should be the reason why Australian dollars is used as the default currency in their website.
See their introduction here:-
Thanks for the link. From their introduction page it seems like they are from Australia (comments about trying to set up a business paypal in australia, for instance) but for obvious reasons the cases are made in china. You wouldnt call an Iphone chinese (and they clearly don't either since they paste designed in 'merica on all their phones).

I ask because I also live in Aus and seriously considering making my own case but don't really know where to start or if a one off case (for now at least) is even worth it in terms of price. I've looked up many fabrication places in aus but they all work on large scale stuff so I'm scared to message them and find out my case is too small for them to bother making or the cost being like $500 or more.