Production ZS Cases - A4 V3.2 8.4L - Minor Update

commanderkeen

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 9, 2021
I wish I was in you situation. I regret buying this case.

Which case did you bought?
I bought the AKLLA A4 Pro.
Quite a bit bigger than the A4v3 but it had a standard c14 connector and ability to mount extraction fans at the top without having to flip the internals.

Need to build another PC in a few months so I'm keen to see what ZS cases comes up with in the future.

Reactions: Kapsi and guniens

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
I bought the AKLLA A4 Pro.
Quite a bit bigger than the A4v3 but it had a standard c14 connector and ability to mount extraction fans at the top without having to flip the internals.

Need to build another PC in a few months so I'm keen to see what ZS cases comes up with in the future.
Aklla seems worth it.
Unfortunately I had the DAN A4 and then this now, I'm not going to spend any more money on cases. I'm turning back to DAN A4.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
A new back panel for existing users won't be an option due to its cost. Realistically they should send over the fully shrink wrapped C6 cable like what was planned under November 2020 update, but then mysteriously cancelled.
Also for existing customer the new V3.1 panel isn't a bit taller so it won't be compatible for the older V3 customer's case. And different batch will have a bit of colour difference.

Last edited:

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
I double checked the photos.
Cable is modded, cut to make it fit (see the terminals that are longer than the cover) so not standard anymore.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
I double checked the photos.
Cable is modded, cut to make it fit (see the terminals that are longer than the cover) so not standard anymore.
Thanks for pointing that out. I have remove the word standard.

We have to make sure the male connector pin is inserted all the way to the female connector. and from the video you can the connectors are a very tight fit

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for pointing that out. I have remove the word standard.

We have to make sure the male connector pin is inserted all the way to the female connector. and from the video you can the connectors are a very tight fit
I wasn't pointing out that.
I was pointing out that the terminals are uncovered. There's a reason for them to be covered in the standard connectors which is for insulation.

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
I wasn't pointing out that.
I was pointing out that the terminals are uncovered. There's a reason for them to be covered in the standard connectors which is for insulation.
Although I agree with you, I believe there is no other solution. From what I saw in the videos a standard connector would obstruct the insertion of the side panels.

Whatever the case, at least I'm happy they ditched the old connector. The night before @commanderkeen participated in the thread I was in his exact situation. The fear of burning down my house was making me consider the Aklla A4 Pro, but I'm not a fan of the +10L and that they don't offer an all black color. Glad to hear that after all the (justified) criticism the ZS community manager received, finally the Designer decided to listen to our requests.

Reactions: commanderkeen

Spiff

Efficiency Noob
Jan 6, 2021
@ZS-Cases
So what if your plan going forward looking at your latest update it says you are going to replace the C6 with a C14. And it will not be a pig tail. So how is that going to work?

I am currently waiting for a case to ship from you guys, and have been since Feb 18. When the case is shipped to me include the new C 14 style plug?

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
@ZS-Cases
So what if your plan going forward looking at your latest update it says you are going to replace the C6 with a C14. And it will not be a pig tail. So how is that going to work?

I am currently waiting for a case to ship from you guys, and have been since Feb 18. When the case is shipped to me include the new C 14 style plug?
Hi Spiff,

Please send me a private message with your order# and I will check up for you. As far as I know all orders were dispatched. Once we receive the C14 cable we will send it out to you again for free.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
@ZS-Cases

Please check our updates on 1st page.

Reactions: Spiff

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Hello

Sorry I dont mean to hijack this topic, but I cannot find a dedicated ZS-A4S topic somewhere. Does this issue also include the ZS-A4S and will it also change to a C14 plug? Was thinking of preordering one, but would love to know this information.

thank you

Reactions: CupcakePeroxide

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
Hello

Sorry I dont mean to hijack this topic, but I cannot find a dedicated ZS-A4S topic somewhere. Does this issue also include the ZS-A4S and will it also change to a C14 plug? Was thinking of preordering one, but would love to know this information.

thank you
Hi ezerez, yes we can send out the C14 replacement to all customers with C6 connector. Please follow this space and send us the replacement request email once we confirm available. Hopefully by end of this month depend on 3rd party manufacturer capacity.

But please note if you ordered from Taobao directly you will have to request directly via Taobao.

Reactions: Kapsi

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Goodmorning people
I've a couple of questions about the power switch button:
  1. Can I remove it completely and replace it with a vandal switch? Which size would I need?
  2. Can I put a drop of glue on the header on the pcb side to prevent it from breaking? Also, can I sleeve the wires?
Thanks!

oButto

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 28, 2020
Little confused why I received another C6 cord along with a new C14 for my A4 v3. The C14 doesn't fit the cutout and the C6 is still a fire hazard. Ended up just leaving the C14 hanging rather out from the back than using another C6 with all the safety issues associated.

Reactions: guniens

oButto

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 28, 2020
Little confused why I received another C6 cord along with a new C14 for my A4 v3. The C14 doesn't fit the cutout and the C6 is still a fire hazard. Ended up just leaving the C14 hanging rather out from the back than using another C6 with all the safety issues associated.

Reactions: guniens

TorpedoBen

Efficiency Noob
Jun 21, 2021
Same, the C14 takes A LOT of elbow grease to shove in. I'm honestly concerned now about how hard the cutout is squeezing on the cord. Not sure if the pressure on the cord is a concern in the long-term but one thing's for sure: once inserted it's impossible to pull back out; if I want to change cords I'm going to have to cut it. I'm gonna be honest, it's not as elegant of a solution as I was led to believe and I'm still disappointed.

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Same, the C14 takes A LOT of elbow grease to shove in. I'm honestly concerned now about how hard the cutout is squeezing on the cord. Not sure if the pressure on the cord is a concern in the long-term but one thing's for sure: once inserted it's impossible to pull back out; if I want to change cords I'm going to have to cut it. I'm gonna be honest, it's not as elegant of a solution as I was led to believe and I'm still disappointed.
Quick question. Is this the cable you're talking about?

I recently saw someone say that ZS had changed the cable to this one, which is different than the one they showed in the C14 update.