Production ZS Cases - A4 V3.2 8.4L - Minor Update

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for your comment! After discussing with the designer. I can confirm we are now offering the option to make a slot for pigtail.
Hi
Is it already ready? Will you send it as replacement part for owners of the previous versions to replace the C6?

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
Hi
Is it already ready? Will you send it as replacement part for owners of the previous versions to replace the C6?
Hi guniens,

For existing customer, pls switch the direction of the plum connector to have ground wire facing towards GPU. Pigtail feature will only apply to V3.1 case. Thanks.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi guniens,

For existing customer, pls switch the direction of the plum connector to have ground wire facing towards GPU. Pigtail feature will only apply to V3.1 case. Thanks.
That's not a solution
This is a real problem. I think you should offer the pigtail and c13/c14 also for A4V3 owners with minimal changes.
I bought the case and it has a problem with the c6 connector. That's not my problem. It's yours. Think about.

Reactions: CupcakePeroxide

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
That's not a solution
This is a real problem. I think you should offer the pigtail and c13/c14 also for A4V3 owners with minimal changes.
I bought the case and it has a problem with the c6 connector. That's not my problem. It's yours. Think about.
Hi guniens,

I have received your message regarding C6 connector. Please send us photos and explain what is the problem with the c6 connector and we'll do our best to help out.

Regarding the pigtail and c13/14 it only applies to V3.1 cases from 3/20 and onwards. Again the incident happened in the Reddit was due to GPU touching the firewire of the plum connector. If your GPU is not touching against the plum connector, the short circuit should not happen. And by turning the plum plug connector and have ground wire facing downwards will eliminate the possibility of short circuit.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi guniens,

I have received your message regarding C6 connector. Please send us photos and explain what is the problem with the c6 connector and we'll do our best to help out.

Regarding the pigtail and c13/14 it only applies to V3.1 cases from 3/20 and onwards. Again the incident happened in the Reddit was due to GPU touching the firewire of the plum connector. If your GPU is not touching against the plum connector, the short circuit should not happen. And by turning the plum plug connector and have ground wire facing downwards will eliminate the possibility of short circuit.
Problem is: it is not safe and turning upside down is a not a real solution.

I might buy a smaller gpu or a bigger gpu who knows?

I bought the case and it's not my problem to avoid a possible short circuit/melt/burn because of the cable YOU decided to use.

I don't get it why using the c6 connector. The standard connector is safer and not that bigger than the c6.

You changed your design to fit 2mm bigger fan under the MB but you don't want to increase by 2mm the hole on the back to fit a c14?

As a customer I'm not happy. Why future case versions are safe with the pigtail and mine can't have it.

Recognise your problem and offer pigtail solution also for old customers.

SOLUTION:
You just have to send us a back panel with the c13 c14 cable that goes through and a piece that cover the hole left by the c6 with a hole for the cable.
Backplates are not needed since they don't have the hole so they are still compatible.

It wouldn't cost a lot to you and you would offer it only for old customers like us. We are still your customers please listen to us.

madn3ss795

Efficiency Noob
Feb 9, 2021
Problem is: it is not safe and turning upside down is a not a real solution.

I might buy a smaller gpu or a bigger gpu who knows?

I bought the case and it's not my problem to avoid a possible short circuit/melt/burn because of the cable YOU decided to use.

I don't get it why using the c6 connector. The standard connector is safer and not that bigger than the c6.

You changed your design to fit 2mm bigger fan under the MB but you don't want to increase by 2mm the hole on the back to fit a c14?

As a customer I'm not happy. Why future case versions are safe with the pigtail and mine can't have it.

Recognise your problem and offer pigtail solution also for old customers.

SOLUTION:
You just have to send us a back panel with the c13 c14 cable that goes through and a piece that cover the hole left by the c6 with a hole for the cable.
Backplates are not needed since they don't have the hole so they are still compatible.

It wouldn't cost a lot to you and you would offer it only for old customers like us. We are still your customers please listen to us.

A new back panel for existing users won't be an option due to its cost. Realistically they should send over the fully shrink wrapped C6 cable like what was planned under November 2020 update, but then mysteriously cancelled.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
A new back panel for existing users won't be an option due to its cost. Realistically they should send over the fully shrink wrapped C6 cable like what was planned under November 2020 update, but then mysteriously cancelled.
I asked them for it and their answer was: we don't stock it anymore (sleeved cord i mean). Funny thing is: i have never seen a build with it lol.

I understand but it would have never happened if they adopted the standard connector from the beginning.
Definetly not a problem on OUR side

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
I asked them for it and their answer was: we don't stock it anymore (sleeved cord i mean). Funny thing is: i have never seen a build with it lol.

I understand but it would have never happened if they adopted the standard connector from the beginning.
Definetly not a problem on OUR side
Hi guniens,

I have sent feedback to the designer as early as last year October and a number of times afterwards to include C14 connector but the designer insisted to stick with C6. Unfortunately I was not able to influence designer's decision.

You may purchase bigger gpu or smaller gpu but as long as it's within the gpu guideline then the case is safe to use. The short circuit happened due to GPU touching the connector which means that particular gpu shouldn't be installed to begin with.

You may check for customer reviews in the Taobao page for sleeved cord (currently it's taken off due to high demand, it should go back on in a few days) . some examples below:

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
Hi madn3ss795,

The short circuit was caused by GPU touching the C6 connector. Not due to touching the cord. So even with sleeved cord the short circuit would still happen.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
I have sent feedback to the designer as early as last year October and a number of times afterwards to include C14 connector but the designer insisted to stick with C6. Unfortunately I was not able to influence designer's decision.
So basically you're saying that you have no decision power on your product...
Also designer's decision to not change the c6 connector even with what happened and with the amount of people asking for swapping it with the c14 connector makes me skeptical about it.

What you have decided basically is: let's keep c6 connector and had a small hole for the c13-c14 to fix the problem.
That's not a solution, it's a patch, with smallest possible costs on your side

Edit:
So this is not real: Your site - about us section

Last edited:
Reactions: Kapsi

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
So basically you're saying that you have no decision power on your product...
Also designer's decision to not change the c6 connector even with what happened and with the amount of people asking for swapping it with the c14 connector makes me skeptical about it.

What you have decided basically is: let's keep c6 connector and had a small hole for the c13-c14 to fix the problem.
That's not a solution, it's a patch, with smallest possible costs on your side

Edit:
So this is not real: Your site - about us section
Hi guniens,

Please note I am not the designer, I am customer service for foreign buyer to help answer general question/concerns and pass on feedbacks from foreign communities. So you're correct I have no decision power on final form of ZS Cases and its products. Again I fully understand people's concern regarding C6. I have pass on the feedback to the designer a numerous times, designer is fully aware and still decided to go with C6.

The About Us is real. I believe we are quite responsive to the community and come up with a "patch" rather quickly. Although it hasn't satisfied/meet your standard this time around but we hope in future updates/improvement we can do better. Thanks for your patience.

Reactions: Kapsi

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi guniens,

Please note I am not the designer, I am customer service for foreign buyer to help answer general question/concerns and pass on feedbacks from foreign communities. So you're correct I have no decision power on final form of ZS Cases and its products. Again I fully understand people's concern regarding C6. I have pass on the feedback to the designer a numerous times, designer is fully aware and still decided to go with C6.

The About Us is real. I believe we are quite responsive to the community and come up with a "patch" rather quickly. Although it hasn't satisfied/meet your standard this time around but we hope in future updates/improvement we can do better. Thanks for your patience.
I still reamin of my idea that it would have never happened with standard connectors and that's not the way to do.

You should at least offer a fully sleeved cable for us old customer, sleeved from the c6 (included) to the c13 (included).

Reactions: CupcakePeroxide

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
I still reamin of my idea that it would have never happened with standard connectors and that's not the way to do.

You should at least offer a fully sleeved cable for us old customer, sleeved from the c6 (included) to the c13 (included).
It seems I'm not the only one thinking this way @ZS-Cases
Can you do this at least? for we, old customers?
Thanks.