Production ZS Cases - A4 V3.2 8.4L - Minor Update

SilencerMuto

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 29, 2020
Hi,

1. You can only install at bottom, you can either leave it at bottom or flip it around so the radiator will be at top.
2. Yes, a mix use of 25mm 15mm or 12mm fan will give you more flexibility to install thicker radiator.

Please photo's at main post
okey thank you, just need confirmation about combination fan for 36mm top. now i can use 59mm GPU back plate without sacrifice cpu cooling.

bigriot

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 29, 2020
Hi,
Could I trouble you for some pictures of the case flipped upside down for two fans on top configuration? I'm having trouble imagining just how the top and bottom panels are flipped around.

birdsliveoutthere

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2020
Hi,
Could I trouble you for some pictures of the case flipped upside down for two fans on top configuration? I'm having trouble imagining just how the top and bottom panels are flipped around.

The OP of that thread has a link to his build where he flipped the case. You are flipping the insides of the case and the top panel will remain on top.

Reactions: bigriot

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Hi! You guys think there is going to be a version 4.0 soon? I'm thinking of getting this case in the near future but I don't mind waiting a little bit. Also, do you offer the option to customize the panels? I think I saw that somewhere. Thank you very much!

Reactions: jamescarter117

commanderkeen

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 9, 2021
Hi! You guys think there is going to be a version 4.0 soon? I'm thinking of getting this case in the near future but I don't mind waiting a little bit. Also, do you offer the option to customize the panels? I think I saw that somewhere. Thank you very much!
I'm so close to buying this. Just waiting and hoping that there will a new revision with a C14 power connector and ability to mount two 120x25mm exhaust fans on the top 🤞

Reactions: Kapsi and guniens

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
I'm so close to buying this. Just waiting and hoping that there will a new revision with a C14 power connector and ability to mount two 120x25mm exhaust fans on the top 🤞
Looking to use a C14 too.

Hi guys
I'm thinking to mod the case to use the standard C14 power socket. If any of you have done it or have some ideas please tell me! :)
Have a nice day!

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
4.0 is still in the testing phase without any promising dates.

as for customizing panel, at the moment we cannot offer customize coloring due to high workload. But we are happy to send you pre-anodized panel so you can find a local shop to do it yourself.

Reactions: Kapsi

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
4.0 is still in the testing phase without any promising dates.

as for customizing panel, at the moment we cannot offer customize coloring due to high workload. But we are happy to send you pre-anodized panel so you can find a local shop to do it yourself.
Hi again! First of all, thanks for your reply, when I said "customize the panels" I was not referring to the anodizing of the panels, but to the shape of the holes, personally I prefer a simpler and more uniform look like the Ghost S1 holes, but this is of no major impact on my interest in the case, it would just be a stupid little change that I would appreciate and for which I would be willing to pay a little more and that I have seen some stores on TaoBao offer.

Secondly, I had not had time to articulate my reply as I wished so that is why it took me so long to reply. Considering that you mentioned that version 4.0 was still in its testing phase, I thought it might be appropriate to give you two suggestions that I believe could benefit both you and future buyers. This will be a bit long, so I apologize in advance.

1. Add compatibility with Asetek 645LT AIO.

2. Pigtail type C14 connector.

-------------------------------------------------------

1. Compatibility with Asetek 645LT.

Since the beginning of SFF Cases there has been a struggle between temperatures and performance and although you recently released a Tophat that makes the ZS A4 compatible with 240mm AIO, this solution is not universal as there are people who prefer a uniform design, easy to carry and without compromises. This is where adding the ability to use a 92mm AIO like the Asetek 645LT would be an excellent move on your part since as of today only the Dan Cases A4 SFX is natively compatible with it.

You may be thinking, "There is no room available for such an inclusion" and I understand, the ZS A4 is 4mm smaller than the Dan Cases A4 SFX, however after analyzing the layout of the Dan Cases A4 and the ZS A4, I realized that there may be a possibility to modify the bracket that holds the PSU in order to give the AIO a little more room, after all, you do offer custom cable service that would allow enough room for the Asetek 645LT airflow. Why do I believe this? I quickly took the freedom to do a size comparison in Paint (Probably inaccurate, but illustrative enough) between the Dan Cases A4, the ZS A4 and the Louqe Ghost S1.

As you can see, compared to the 200mm height of the Dan Cases A4, the Ghost S1 is 16mm smaller, 12mm more than the 4mm that exists between the ZS A4 and the Dan Cases A4. Still, against all odds u/brolynitro managed to fit the Asetek 645LT inside a Louqe Ghost S1.

Granted, u/brolynitro reduced the overall radiator and fan size from 44mm to 38mm, but these modifications would not be necessary given the 12mm difference between the ZS A4 and Ghost S1.

As I mentioned above, using the custom cables that you also sell, there is a possibility to fit the Asetek 645LT without any problem. You would just have to modify the base of the case as follows and increase the space in this area a bit:

Finally, I believe that if you decide to pursue the idea I just mentioned and contact Asetek directly, you could also increase traffic to their website and your cases since on the official website of the Asetek 645LT they proudly mention: "Dan Case-certified".

2. Pigtail C14 connector:

Recently on Reddit a user reported a case of a short circuit involving the current ZS A4 power connector and a graphics card, while I understand this is an isolated case, what is not an isolated case is how vocal the community has been about the connector, changes are difficult to accept and in recent years the C14 connector has been standardized, it is for this reason that people request its inclusion in the design, however, if it is not possible to change the current connector of the case, a compromise that could be made would be the inclusion of a Pigtail style connector like the ones used by Sliger:

It is not the most aesthetically pleasing solution, but it is a change that I believe would please most of the public and reassure all the people who may have been concerned about the publication I mentioned.

That's all from me. I apologize if this post sounds like I am trying to spread a personal agenda, the only excuse I have is that I am very passionate about this case. Again, I want to thank you for your attention, and I look forward to hearing your opinions. Cheers!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

It is not the most aesthetically pleasing solution, but it is a change that I believe would please most of the public and reassure all the people who may have been concerned about the publication I mentioned.
Instead of using a C14 with screw holes like shown in the pic, it would look better to use one without, which definitely looks cleaner.

PS
As an offtopic to @ZS-Cases , I am waiting for the release of your ZS-OC 开放式机架. From the renderings, it looks like there is a power button at the top. Right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kapsi

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Instead of using a C14 with screw holes like shown in the pic, it would look better to use one without, which definitely looks cleaner.

PS
As an offtopic to ZS Cases, I am waiting for the release of your ZS-OC 开放式机架. From the renderings, it looks like there is a power button at the top. Right?
Totally!! I completely overlooked the screwholes in the connector. My bad!

Reactions: jamescarter117

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019

Recently on Reddit a user reported a case of a short circuit involving the current ZS A4 power connector and a graphics card, while I understand this is an isolated case, what is not an isolated case is how vocal the community has been about the connector, changes are difficult to accept and in recent years the C14 connector has been standardized, it is for this reason that people request its inclusion in the design, however, if it is not possible to change the current connector of the case, a compromise that could be made would be the inclusion of a Pigtail style connector like the ones used by Sliger:

I cannot agree more!
A c14 is not that bigger than a c6 so it can be moved on the bottom and attached with screws without pigtailing it.
It's a lot more safe than the current solution given that every other case maker uses it.

@ZS-Cases you guys have agreed increasing case height to fit a 12015 fan, I think it's a lot more important to revise the back panel of the case to fit the c14 connector to solve the issues and implement it asap. Also this part has to be compatible with A4V3 owners so that they can change it.

Hope you understand our concerns.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
Hi again! First of all, thanks for your reply, when I said "customize the panels" I was not referring to the anodizing of the panels, but to the shape of the holes, personally I prefer a simpler and more uniform look like the Ghost S1 holes, but this is of no major impact on my interest in the case, it would just be a stupid little change that I would appreciate and for which I would be willing to pay a little more and that I have seen some stores on TaoBao offer.

Secondly, I had not had time to articulate my reply as I wished so that is why it took me so long to reply. Considering that you mentioned that version 4.0 was still in its testing phase, I thought it might be appropriate to give you two suggestions that I believe could benefit both you and future buyers. This will be a bit long, so I apologize in advance.

1. Add compatibility with Asetek 645LT AIO.

2. Pigtail type C14 connector.

1. Compatibility with Asetek 645LT.

Since the beginning of SFF Cases there has been a struggle between temperatures and performance and although you recently released a Tophat that makes the ZS A4 compatible with 240mm AIO, this solution is not universal as there are people who prefer a uniform design, easy to carry and without compromises. This is where adding the ability to use a 92mm AIO like the Asetek 645LT would be an excellent move on your part since as of today only the Dan Cases A4 SFX is natively compatible with it.

You may be thinking, "There is no room available for such an inclusion" and I understand, the ZS A4 is 4mm smaller than the Dan Cases A4 SFX, however after analyzing the layout of the Dan Cases A4 and the ZS A4, I realized that there may be a possibility to modify the bracket that holds the PSU in order to give the AIO a little more room, after all, you do offer custom cable service that would allow enough room for the Asetek 645LT airflow. Why do I believe this? I quickly took the freedom to do a size comparison in Paint (Probably inaccurate, but illustrative enough) between the Dan Cases A4, the ZS A4 and the Louqe Ghost S1.

As you can see, compared to the 200mm height of the Dan Cases A4, the Ghost S1 is 16mm smaller, 12mm more than the 4mm that exists between the ZS A4 and the Dan Cases A4. Still, against all odds u/brolynitro managed to fit the Asetek 645LT inside a Louqe Ghost S1.

Granted, u/brolynitro reduced the overall radiator and fan size from 44mm to 38mm, but these modifications would not be necessary given the 12mm difference between the ZS A4 and Ghost S1.

As I mentioned above, using the custom cables that you also sell, there is a possibility to fit the Asetek 645LT without any problem. You would just have to modify the base of the case as follows and increase the space in this area a bit:

Finally, I believe that if you decide to pursue the idea I just mentioned and contact Asetek directly, you could also increase traffic to their website and your cases since on the official website of the Asetek 645LT they proudly mention: "Dan Case-certified".

That's all from me. I apologize if this post sounds like I am trying to spread a personal agenda, the only excuse I have is that I am very passionate about this case. Again, I want to thank you for your attention, and I look forward to hearing your opinions. Cheers!
Thanks for your comment! After discussing with the designer. I can confirm we are now offering the option to make a slot for pigtail.