ZOTAC has launched the World’s First Solid State Active Cooled Mini-PC, the ZBOX PI430AJ, using Frore’s Airjet system, a solid state “fan”. With no moving parts, the PI430AJ steps us into a new uSFF world – a decent performing tiny PC with no spinny bits.
Featuring an Intel i3-N300 processor, 8GB of LPDDR5 memory, a M.2 storage slot, and ample IO, this PC measures in at 0.18 Litres. With a CPU TDP of 7W, the Frore Airjets aren’t pushing too much heat, but it’s a great start into utilising the new tech in PC builds.

Continue reading...

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
I mean... This is impressive in its own right. But I cant really see the use case of this outside say running menus in restaurants or digital billboards for those who want something easier to handle (used to windows) than a raspberry pi.

Reactions: confusis

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I mean... This is impressive in its own right. But I cant really see the use case of this outside say running menus in restaurants or digital billboards for those who want something easier to handle (used to windows) than a raspberry pi.
We'd need a stack of Airjets not unlike a full sized CPU cooler to keep a normal processor under control!

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
We'd need a stack of Airjets not unlike a full sized CPU cooler to keep a normal processor under control!
What I'm hearing is... get a Noctua NH-P1 and place Airjets between the fins...? :) Removes the moving parts but retains the powerful heat-relocation performance of heatpipes and dissipation of big, well-spaced fins.

• Haha
Reactions: confusis