Status
Not open for further replies.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hey guys! I'm starting to plan the v2 prototype build, and here is one of the ideas I had:

What build would you like to see in v2 prototype? Temp tests will be made on it too.

PS: this pic is just a photoshopped render. The real unit will arrive in a few weeks.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Have you made any design update?

Hey Marwan. Here are some of the changes made in v2:

Also, there were some minor tolerance fixes and improvements.

We wanted to add a lot of extra cool things, but will leave them for after the Kickstarter campaign, as we are too close to it already (early July).

I will elaborate more about everything, when v2 prototypes arrive. Cheers!

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
What version will Kickstarter backers receive, V1 or V2?

When I say v1 and v2, I'm refering to prototype versions, not final versions. Each prototype has some improvements over the last version.

We are currently working on the v2, and there might even be a v3 version before the Kickstarter, we'll see.

Cheers! :)

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hey guys! :D

As a few of you may know, we got a "partnership" with Cryorig 1 month ago, and they are showing our Z-CASE P50 on their Computex booth to display the C7 Cu cpu cooler.

Kevin (our company designer, aka @3feetcat ) is on the show right now, helping spread our project there.

We have a lot of news to share soon, but in the meantime, enjoy some pics from Day 1:

Cheers, Bernardo

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Steve was there. Didn't cover or comment on the case. #feelsbadman

:(:(:(:(:(

Also only youtuber to have made any video about cryorig... I guess this is what happens when Science Studio is not attending; he is quite the cryorig fan.

Reactions: BernardoZ

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
hey I found some random youtuber that stoped by at the Cryorig booth, only a few secconds of this case but its something

Thanks for the video!

Looking at this video and actually seeing the cooler in the case, I really have my doubts about getting proper air-flow into this case for the CPU-fan. While it certainly fits, the space between the glass and cooler is really narrow. It might be that Lian Li have already figured this out with the PC-O5-cases; while it wastes space in many other directions, the thickness might have been beneficial for cooling. I don't know.... Just my thoughts after seeing this.

Reactions: BernardoZ

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Steve was there. Didn't cover or comment on the case. #feelsbadman

:(:(:(:(:(
Our case is not really a Cryorig product, so it's understandable that their crew didn't allow the youtubers to talk much about it.
But it's cool, we got some really nice contacts on Computex :)

hey I found some random youtuber that stoped by at the Cryorig booth, only a few secconds of this case but its something
Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen this video! If anyone is interested, you can check our case at 2:42 of this video :D

Thanks for the video!

Looking at this video and actually seeing the cooler in the case, I really have my doubts about getting proper air-flow into this case for the CPU-fan. While it certainly fits, the space between the glass and cooler is really narrow. It might be that Lian Li have already figured this out with the PC-O5-cases; while it wastes space in many other directions, the thickness might have been beneficial for cooling. I don't know.... Just my thoughts after seeing this.
We haven't made many tests yet, so we will still make sure about the ideal distance between the chassis and the glass panel. This case was just for showing purposes, please wait for the proper temp tests ;)

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
@Mortis Angelus Check this screenshot:

As you can see, there is almost no glass elevation on this unit (I think we used 1-3mm spacers), since this was just for showing purposes.

In the final version we'll include different sized spacers (probably 5, 10 and 15mm), so the user can choose the elevation depending on his hardware.
I believe you need 10-15mm clearance when using the C7/C7 Cu cooler, we'll make some tests soon XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.