BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hello guys!

Here are some photos of v1 prototype.

We are currently working on v2 design, so this probably won't be the final version. But it's good to see the factory we found made a nice job XD

What do you think of the quality?
PS: we will take more photos with all the hardware mounted and the tempered glass, in a few days ;)

Cheers

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hello guys!

Before we reveal a new upgrade, I would like to show you something we just got.

We've been thinking for a while about adding CPU watercooler support for this case.
So, 2 weeks ago, I contacted ModMyMods store, and thanks to Joe, who were very supportive to my request, we've found the perfect solution.

Here is the sketch I sent him at first contact:

After some days talking, and some work from him, here is what just show on Kevin's door:

These are Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Dual and Triple 60mm radiators, adapted to Alphacool Eisbaer LT's cooling unit.
We will test which of them fits better on our case layout.

Based on their volume, they might easily handle 150-200w cpu tdp, we'll make sure.
Also, If everything goes right, I think we can sell an AIO Kit like these for ~$99.
At last, if most of you guys support the idea, the implementation of it on v2 will only add ~1Liter to the case, which would end up with 8.9L.

What do you guys think? Please, leave a feedback ;)

Last edited:

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Hello guys!

We've been thinking for a while about adding CPU watercooler support for this case.
So, 2 weeks ago, I contacted ModMyMods store, and thanks to Joe, who were very supportive to my request, we've found the perfect solution.

After some days talking, and some work from him, here is what just show on Kevin's door:

These are Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Dual and Triple 60mm radiators, adapted to Alphacool Eisbaer LT's cooling unit.

Based on their volume, they might easily handle 150-200w cpu tdp, we'll make sure.
Also, If everything goes right, I think we can sell an AIO Kit like these for ~$99.
At last, if most of you guys support the idea, the implementation of it on v2 will only add ~1Liter to the case, which would end up with 8.9L.

I'd really like if you guys sold things like that, as accessories for your case. Those could help most people with custom watercooling in scratch cases. :)

Reactions: BernardoZ

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
I'd really like if you guys sold things like that, as accessories for your case. Those could help most people with custom watercooling in scratch cases. :)

Thanks for the comment man.

Btw, do you think $99 is a fair price for an AIO Kit like these? (Remember they are Custom, so require some extra work to produce each of them, and use custom parts)
Also, are you ok if the case increases 1L volume to add support for watercooling?
We are still not sure if we add this on v2 XD

Cheers

Last edited:

LeMoNH3aD

Average Stuffer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see the thermal comparison to air before making a decision on the overall case size change. If in fact the thermal difference is drastic, and you can run a higher TDP CPU...I'd say hell yeah!

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Hello guys!

Here are some photos of v1 prototype.

We are currently working on v2 design, so this probably won't be the final version. But it's good to see the factory we found made a nice job XD

What do you think of the quality?
PS: we will take more photos with all the hardware mounted and the tempered glass, in a few days ;)

Cheers
Hello guys!

It has been a while since i visited this thread and i can say i am impressed by the speed at which you got the prototype.

Considering that 120mm radiator can dissipate 400W of heat, the dual 60mm radiator is half of the surface, which means that it can do 200W, but take a few watts of of final estimation since the fans are smaller and cover smaller area of radiator, i think it can handle 150-180W of heat. As far as triple 60mm radiator, it could theoretically do 300W, but you can expect it to be from 200-250W of cooling.

All of that will of course depends on amount of airflow. What fans will you use?

As far as the look of the case, i feel very positive about it. It came out beautiful as the renders!:)

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016

Btw, do you think $99 is a fair price for an AIO Kit like these? (Remember they are Custom, so require some extra work to produce each of them, and use custom parts)
Also, are you ok if the case increases 1L volume to add support for watercooling?

Cheers
I'd like to see the thermal comparison to air before making a decision on the overall case size change. If in fact the thermal difference is drastic, and you can run a higher TDP CPU...I'd say hell yeah!

Also, the 1L thing, do you want this case marketed toward watercooling? If so, 1L should be fine.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com

Ok, I agree! We will make some temp tests this week, and let you guys know. Thanks for the comment :)

It has been a while since i visited this thread and i can say i am impressed by the speed at which you got the prototype.

Considering that 120mm radiator can dissipate 400W of heat, the dual 60mm radiator is half of the surface, which means that it can do 200W, but take a few watts of of final estimation since the fans are smaller and cover smaller area of radiator, i think it can handle 150-180W of heat. As far as triple 60mm radiator, it could theoretically do 300W, but you can expect it to be from 200-250W of cooling.

All of that will of course depends on amount of airflow. What fans will you use?

As far as the look of the case, i feel very positive about it. It came out beautiful as the renders!:)

Wow, thanks for the awesome feedback man! We are working really hard to make this real, so expect more nice updates from now on ;)

About the Custom AIO, shouldn't we consider the radiator volume instead of the surface area, to predict its tdp? Because these 60mm rads are 45mm thick, which is much more than most AIOs, which should give it more dissipation per surface area.
Anyway, we will run some temp tests to make sure.

About the fans, we think the rad should support only 60x15mm ones (instead of 25mm), so that the case doesn't look too "empty" at the top, for the people who will use aircooling.

Also, the 1L thing, do you want this case marketed toward watercooling? If so, 1L should be fine.

Well, it seems like watercooling is a trend for SFF cases in 2018, so maybe it's a good idea. Also, would be awesome to be able to use absolutely any CPU on this case, without temps issues. So we are really aiming towards that :)

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
if you can push 80/82mm alphacool rads the better! would also allow your case to handle thicker 2.5/3 slot GPUs, nvidia new units are delayed but arrive mid Q3 and vega refresh afterwards .
get Modmymods to put you through to ed or one of the other crew at alphacool and will go over the details of best cooling you can get for size/thickness etc

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
if you can push 80/82mm alphacool rads the better! would also allow your case to handle thicker 2.5/3 slot GPUs, nvidia new units are delayed but arrive mid Q3 and vega refresh afterwards .
get Modmymods to put you through to ed or one of the other crew at alphacool and will go over the details of best cooling you can get for size/thickness etc
Then again, in a case like this, you ought to use a blower-style cooler, and AFAIK, all blower style coolers are 2-slot. Would be pretty bad for thermals to use a "normal" cooler.

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016

Cheers
Its a fair price I would say :D

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
About the Custom AIO, shouldn't we consider the radiator volume instead of the surface area, to predict its tdp? Because these 60mm rads are 45mm thick, which is much more than most AIOs, which should give it more dissipation per surface area.
I would run more surface than more volume any time!

When you have more surface, the air gets to whole fin easier and covers more of it. Lets say you have a 60mm thick 120mm radiator and 30mm thick 240mm radiator. Both have same volume, but one has more surface and the one having more surface(240mm model) will have much better performance. The air from fans is going tru more surface and the radiator is dissapating more heat. It is just because it is spread out.

Also one thing to note is that when you use thin fans on thick radiator, it tends to be a worst case scenario for performance. It needs to move the air far longer than it would on thin radiator.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hello guys, thanks for all the comments, we will take them in consideration ;)
But for now, we decided to put the watercooling feature on hold, and follow our recent schedule:

-This week: take photos of v1 prototype with all the hardware mounted; make temp tests for aircooling on it.

-Next week: test the Custom AIOs we've got, and decide the changes that will be made on v2 (final design).

Cheers

Last edited:

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
Then again, in a case like this, you ought to use a blower-style cooler, and AFAIK, all blower style coolers are 2-slot. Would be pretty bad for thermals to use a "normal" cooler.

seems one design of a Turing cooler has gone for form over function - guessing this means next gen is a cooler chip... one hopes

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
seems one design of a Turing cooler has gone for form over function - guessing this means next gen is a cooler chip... one hopes
Let's first see if AMD can pull off some incredible GPU-design with NAVI, because NVIDIA is sure not deserving my attention at the moment.... Would be nice to see Radeon produce blower-coolers that don't look like square bricks....

Status
Not open for further replies.