Yet another NCASE M1 V6 Build

AcornJ

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Apr 12, 2020
Good evening everyone. Just looking for some feed back on my upcoming build. I ordered almost all of the parts but since they are still being delivered I figured I would ask for suggestions. This will be my first SFF build but my second overall PC build so I'm fairly excited.

The main goal is to build something small for travel and also slightly future proof (hoping to get 5 or so years out of it with occasional tweaks). I will mostly be for gaming but I'm starting to dip my toes into light video editing (mainly on my Macbook for now) as well as programming (which doesn't take much to run right now either).

I might look at upgrading the motherboard once the ASUS Crosshair Impact in the future for both extra USB connection and usability of the USB-C connector at the front of the case.

Once I receive all my parts I'll post pictures of the completed work here but it might take a while with the shipping options I chose being the slowest...

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Trxbf9

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S with second fan
Motherboard: ASRock X570 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX/TB3
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 2.5 in
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition
Case: NCASE M1
Power Supply: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum
Case Fan: 2X Noctua NF-A12x25

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
nice part list you've got there. just don't know how practical it is to travel with the M1. the common threshold I've seen is anything under 10L and the M1 is ~13L and quite chunky too. the 3700X and Asrock board would be fine for your use through 2021 and by then we would know about Zen 5 and AM5 socket. Maybe upgrade then instead of getting the Crosshair VII Impact.

AcornJ

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Apr 12, 2020
I think it’ll be more for suitcase travel. Then again I have to physically see how big the case is as well.
And yeah with all the talk going on about the new Ryzen cpus, at least the motherboard will last me at least one more generation. Might just get a thunderbolt dock since this supports it.

djpfine

Efficiency Noob
Jun 23, 2020
How did your build work out? I'm also planning a similar ASRock X570 + Noctua U9S x 2 fans build. How was fit/installation?