Production " No longer a box" . introduce Butterfly structure Open itx A4 Chassis (20200731 big update)

XTIA Design Studio

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 30, 2020
update We are updating our official website. Xtia.com.cn may not work well.

20200808 Update

20200731 Update

We update the website: xtia.com.cn
Now you can order XTIA product on the website directly.

Introduce the AIO bracket & Liquid cooling module

AIO BRACKET: 1: For 240/360 radiator
2:Based on current Xproto model, No need to change anything
3: One case can install two brackets

Liquid cooling module : 1: Designed for whole liquid cooling build, Less than 20L
2:Also support single AIO (240 radiator) , double AIO ( 240 radiator)
3: More space , more possibility.

20200627 Update:

1: Some friends ask about the cables (HDMI /dp etc) on the top . I give my answer below:

PS: Considering the PSU direction (different from normal A4 Layout) and the V-shaped bottom support again, you will find that if you only use the xproto vertically, the power supply can be inserted directly into the bottom of the PSU.

Contact the XTIA studio directly.: Email: welch52553@gmail.com
Whatsapp: (+852)65862206
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wei.welch.3

Original:

Hi:

I am one of the designers of XTIA. I will introduce XTIA Xproto, a butterfly structure A4 ITX case

XTIA Butterfly ITX Structure:

(The logo is a joke)

RGB:

Specs:

Scale:

S

Build Quality
All CNC machined 4mm Aluminium :

XTIA Xproto A4 ITX case Installation tutorial

20200718 Update:
Infinite Valley( IV) RGB module will be coming soon.
* 1 based current Xproto
2 full CNC machined Aluminium module
3 5V RGB

Client's built:

More information at our website:
XTIA.COM.CN

Xtia Xproto will have different kinds of modules and I will keep updating.

Last edited:

bricemx

Chassis Packer
Jan 9, 2018
Wow, it is by far the most awesome case out there, good job for that. Are you planning to make a version where it could fit a 240 mm radiator for custom loop?
Thanks lot and keep the good work

XTIA Design Studio

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 30, 2020
Wow, it is by far the most awesome case out there, good job for that. Are you planning to make a version where it could fit a 240 mm radiator for custom loop?
Thanks lot and keep the good work
Next month. The radiator module based on current structure will be announced.

Reactions: bricemx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I am a fan of this concept (ie tall and slender). I pretty like the structure having a small footprint and just let it go upward.
I saw your thread in Baidu itx吧 and will not repeat some of the feedback (eg need to have some rubber feet pads) mentioned there.

Also, suggest you source out some 90-degree adapters (eg USB , DP etc) for potential buyers to order from your website as many people would like to see as little of the cabling at the top as possible.

It is really nice to see something fresh and new in this category of 'open structure'.??

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Just checked out your website more carefully.
Good that you are selling the custom length PCIe riser cable.

I have some questions:-
a. Do you have local inventory in HK for local sales or everyone orders through Taobao? I reside in HK and can possibly save postage and time by just picking one up locally (not to mention the remote possibility of having package damage during delivery)

b. For structural stability, if one of the largest CPU cooler (eg NH-D15) is installed (plus the weight of the PSU), will the structure tends to tip over on the CPU side (even with a display card installed on the other side to 'counter balance')? It would be really nice if you can show a demo setup with a huge CPU air cooler.

c. For the 2.5'' HDD/SSD mounted opposite the motherboard (ie the one pointed by my red arrow in the pic below), is it feasible to mount a slim fan in that position to blow air to cool a M.2 SSD on the rear of the mobo? If yes, what is the fan thickness recommended?

This XProto has one advantage which I like much, ie when one gets tired of looking at the CPU side, one can turn it around and look at the display card.

Last edited:

XTIA Design Studio

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 30, 2020
Just checked out your website more carefully.
Good that you are selling the custom length PCIe riser cable.

I have some questions:-
a. Do you have local inventory in HK for local sales or everyone orders through Taobao? I reside in HK and can possibly save postage and time by just picking one up locally (not to mention the remote possibility of having package damage during delivery)

b. For structural stability, if one of the largest CPU cooler (eg NH-D15) is installed (plus the weight of the PSU), will the structure tends to tip over on the CPU side (even with a display card installed on the other side to 'counter balance')? It would be really nice if you can show a demo setup with a huge CPU air cooler.

c. For the 2.5'' HDD/SSD mounted opposite the motherboard (ie the one pointed by my red arrow in the pic below), is it feasible to mount a slim fan in that position to blow air to cool a M.2 SSD on the rear of the mobo? If yes, what is the fan thickness recommended?

This XProto has one advantage which I like much, ie when one gets tired of looking at the CPU side, one can turn it around and look at the display card.

a: The case manufactured in Shenzhen. The port between Hong Kong and the mainland has been closed for nearly half a year ,I only have some prototypes with me. Yes you have to buy it through TAOBAO.

b: I will build a large CPU cooler prototype and update it later. My WhatsApp: (+852)65862206, you can contact me for details.

c: Yes .that is a good idea actually. The distance between the two panels is 15MM. However, you have hundreds of ways to enlarge it for an even 25mm thickness fan.

d: The image shows the method to minizine the cabling at the top . ( Use the middle space for USB and dp/hdmi. The power cable can adapt to the PSU directly)

Thanks for your advice.

XTIA
Welch

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Neat.

Just curious, did you consider rotating the PSU by 90 degrees, this way the power plug can face the back or against the wall, and also PSU can exhaust to the back.

I suppose the current layout will also work.

XTIA Design Studio

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 30, 2020
Neat.

Just curious, did you consider rotating the PSU by 90 degrees, this way the power plug can face the back or against the wall, and also PSU can exhaust to the back.

I suppose the current layout will also work.
I like your T1 so much! thanks for reply, I am so exciting.

We think the current layout fits the open structure better for the following reasons:
1: Minimize the cable length and reduce the number of opening on the structure pannel. LIke this

Image form @Neilyo Thank you

2: Showing that the entire layout is symmetrical

This layout seems unusual because ordinary A4 ITX layout (such as Ghost S1) can not use this layout without the V-shaped support structure. The layout is designed together with the main structure.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

evd

Trash Compacter
Mar 24, 2020
Very cool concept here! Interested to see the AIO design when you've finished it