Anandtech Xeon Mobile-Based ITX Motherboard from iBASE

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13489/ibase-launches-mi995-miniitx-intel-cm246based-board-for-xeon-e

This is quite the interesting ITX board from iBASE. It features an Intel CM246 chipset, M.2, PCIe x16, up to 6 core 12 thread Intel mobile processors, and has a rather low-profile area for two sticks of DDR4 SODIMM memory.

Here is a quote from the anandtech website describing its purpose and additional features:
Moving on to connectivity. The MI995 is equipped with two Intel GbE controllers, a Fintek F8196D-I chip for four COM ports, three display outputs, (DisplayPort, DVI-D, HDMI 2.0), six USB 3.1 ports, and audio connectors. As noted above, the motherboards may be outfitted with an optional 802.11ac Wi-Fi CNVi module.

iBASE officially positions its MI995 motherboards for digital signage, gaming, entertainment, and POS applications. Even out of the box, the platform can support multiple displays. Once equipped with a discrete graphics card, the system gains both GPU performance and additional display outputs, just what is needed for digital signage and gaming applications.
Overall, I think this is a very interesting board for a small home server with a RAID card or maybe even for a hyper-compact gaming unit with a low-profile GPU.

So far, there is no information on availability, but it is probably going to be low and for business customers only.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
https://www.anandtech.com/show/13489/ibase-launches-mi995-miniitx-intel-cm246based-board-for-xeon-e

This is quite the interesting ITX board from iBASE. It features an Intel CM246 chipset, M.2, PCIe x16, up to 6 core 12 thread Intel mobile processors, and has a rather low-profile area for two sticks of DDR4 SODIMM memory.

Here is a quote from the anandtech website describing its purpose and additional features:

Overall, I think this is a very interesting board for a small home server with a RAID card or maybe even for a hyper-compact gaming unit with a low-profile GPU.

So far, there is no information on availability, but it is probably going to be low and for business customers only.

Good connectivity for a server/industrial board...

Hmmm.....

Reactions: el01