Motherboard X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - ISSUES

LJA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Hi I've bought this board recently and I'm having three issues:

1. I can't really tell if it's using the XMP profile from my RAM (3000), it says in BIOS that it's using it, but I've never saw them reaching that speed. How can I check it to be sure?

2. The Chipset temps are really high, hoverin 74° and such in idle.

3. The main SSD temps are horrendous, even with the big heatsink that comes with and the chipset heatsink above, around 60°/65° when idle. On the other hand the SSD in the back, while hot, it's around 45°50° (lately a more stable 41°).

These are the componenets of my RIG:

LIAN LI PC-Q39
Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
AMD Ryzen 3900x
NXZT Kraken X52
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB
AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 2TB (under the chipset heatsink)
SSD M2 NVMe INTEL 660p 2TB (in the back of the mobo)
1 HDD WDBlack 4 TB
ASUS STRIX 1080 ti
Corsair SF600

...and yes I know that my CASE is horrible for temps and doesn't have fans, but yet I thought that you could have this new GEN4 SSDs in even smaller cases like the Louqe, Sabre and similar.
What is the level of risk of operating with this temps constantly? any solution or idea will be more than welcome!
PD: some people told me that HWINFO readings on the chipset are way off and that I have to look to another section there: ITE IT8688E , in this section is a lot more normal: 65°, yet a bit hot.
PD2: I'm selling an Asrock ITX TB3 because I needed the extra SSD (thought I love the Asrock) but if I'm going to have this issues I might consider keeping it and selling the Aorus.
PD3: If this sort of questions belong to another section, sorry! let me know and I move it.

Last edited:

dnpp123

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
Interesting. I'd be basically interested at the same mobo/ram/SSDs with a 3950x, so curious to know if you can improve things.

Did you try switching the position of the two SSDs and checking temps (put the INTEL one under the chipset heatsink) ?
So you can know if excessive temp is strictly due to the SSD and not to their position on the mobo/in the case.

LJA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Interesting. I'd be basically interested at the same mobo/ram/SSDs with a 3950x, so curious to know if you can improve things.

Did you try switching the position of the two SSDs and checking temps (put the INTEL one under the chipset heatsink) ?
So you can know if excessive temp is strictly due to the SSD and not to their position on the mobo/in the case.

Hi, nope I didn't and I'm still battling with this issue....thought I yes used with just the mobo heatsink a WD NVME GEN 3 and it was also ecxtremely hot or even worse, I might have to also buy more thermal pads with all these changes...it really sucks...to make it worse I was thinking of buying a Louqe, but I dunno if it's not going to be worse. Really abd design by Gigabyte, currently my M2 is on 55° on idle, ambient more or less 23° celsius, I wonder in the summer how worse it's going to get

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
Did you figure out the memory speed? If you download CPUZ and check the memory tab it should say 1500MHz if your RAM is at 3000MHz

I've got the same board, and I'm using HWMonitor to check temps. How do you know which one of Temps for the motherboard is the chipset? TMPIN5 is the hottest one @ 57c

And my M.2 Sabrent SSD on the front is @ 55c

Reactions: LJA

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
if you use HW monitor for your temps take in mind that there are two "chipset" temps; one with one decimal, and the other one with no decimals. The good one is the one with no decimals, the other one, last time I read about it, not even gigabyte knew what is that temp.

I have that board but withou m2 drive on the chipset ans it never goes above 50º; right now it´s sitting at 45, I have an Ncase M1

DrDaveDeath

Cable Smoosher
Sep 1, 2018
Have you experimented to see if temperatures are any better if you remove the side panels? This sounds like you might have a little hot box where air is not able to escape quick enough, thus raising the ambient temperature inside your case. You say your case doesn't have fans, you should add them. I can see several spots in the manual where it looks like you could add fans!

It's also worth noting that the gen 4 drives do run hot. In fact everything inside your case runs quite hot! I'd try and maximise the airflow in and out of your case and see if that makes any difference.

LJA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Did you figure out the memory speed? If you download CPUZ and check the memory tab it should say 1500MHz if your RAM is at 3000MHz

I've got the same board, and I'm using HWMonitor to check temps. How do you know which one of Temps for the motherboard is the chipset? TMPIN5 is the hottest one @ 57c

And my M.2 Sabrent SSD on the front is @ 55c

Hi, so you also have high temps in your M2, is quite annoying how they implemented...is incredible than is hotter in the front than in the back. I'm thinking of buying some new thermal pads

LJA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
if you use HW monitor for your temps take in mind that there are two "chipset" temps; one with one decimal, and the other one with no decimals. The good one is the one with no decimals, the other one, last time I read about it, not even gigabyte knew what is that temp.

I have that board but withou m2 drive on the chipset ans it never goes above 50º; right now it´s sitting at 45, I have an Ncase M1

Yeap I've heard about that, but even HWmonitor people kind of saying that is some AMD bullshit, in any case it's mostly at 60°/65°, so we don't know what's the real temp. I guess the M2 in the heatsink "helps" with high temps too

LJA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Have you experimented to see if temperatures are any better if you remove the side panels? This sounds like you might have a little hot box where air is not able to escape quick enough, thus raising the ambient temperature inside your case. You say your case doesn't have fans, you should add them. I can see several spots in the manual where it looks like you could add fans!

It's also worth noting that the gen 4 drives do run hot. In fact everything inside your case runs quite hot! I'd try and maximise the airflow in and out of your case and see if that makes any difference.

yeap certainly...I've implemented two 120 mm fans underneath, I've couldn't put them inside the case because of having no space due to the Asus 1080 ti Strix, and I guess in some way it helps, but not that much. I wonder if I buy the Ghost S1 even if smaller having the VGA on the other side would help

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Hi I've bought this board recently and I'm having three issues:

1. I can't really tell if it's using the XMP profile from my RAM (3000), it says in BIOS that it's using it, but I've never saw them reaching that speed. How can I check it to be sure?

2. The Chipset temps are really high, hoverin 74° and such in idle.

3. The main SSD temps are horrendous, even with the big heatsink that comes with and the chipset heatsink above, around 60°/65° when idle. On the other hand the SSD in the back, while hot, it's around 45°50°.

These are the componenets of my RIG:

LIAN LI PC-Q39
Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
AMD Ryzen 3900x
NXZT Kraken X52
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB
AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 2TB (under the chipset heatsink)
SSD M2 NVMe INTEL 660p 2TB (in the back of the mobo)
1 HDD WDBlack 4 TB
ASUS STRIX 1080 ti
Corsair SF600

...and yes I know that my CASE is horrible for temps and doesn't have fans, but yet I thought that you could have this new GEN4 SSDs in even smaller cases like the Louqe, Sabre and similar.
What is the level of risk of operating with this temps constantly? any solution or idea will be more than welcome!
PD: some people told me that HWINFO readings on the chipset are way off and that I have to look to another section there: ITE IT8688E , in this section is a lot more normal: 65°, yet a bit hot.
PD2: I'm selling an Asrock ITX TB3 because I needed the extra SSD (thought I love the Asrock) but if I'm going to have this issues I might consider keeping it and selling the Aorus.
PD3: If this sort of questions belong to another section, sorry! let me know and I move it.
Man just get the asus x570 you wount have this kond of issues over the chipset fan you wount hear shi... ;)

LJA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Honestly, all this is nothing to do with the motherboard, it's the case. I'm running the Gigabyte x570 I and have no such issues.

I hope so, more if a finally buy a Louqe Ghost S1, what Case and M2 SSD are you using DrDaveDeath?....And how did you installed it? using thermal pads? with a M2 heatsink or without it? any detail would help me a lot, thanxs in advance!

LJA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Man just get the asus x570 you wount have this kond of issues over the chipset fan you wount hear shi... ;)

I've been buyong so much stuff that it would be too much, at a certain moment I had two mobos (the Asrock TB3 and thhsi one the Giga) two AIO (I still had them) and also a Noctua NH L12s...I've already spent too much. If this ends not working entirely like I want, I might go back to itx, but we'll see

DrDaveDeath

Cable Smoosher
Sep 1, 2018
I hope so, more if a finally buy a Louqe Ghost S1, what Case and M2 SSD are you using DrDaveDeath?....And how did you installed it? using thermal pads? with a M2 heatsink or without it? any detail would help me a lot, thanxs in advance!

I'm using an Ncase M1 and Samsung Evo m2 drives. The first is mounted under the chipset heatsink, 2nd is under the board. In a days usage my front drive has a max of 37 degrees whilst my rear one has a max of 47 degrees. Chipset has an average of 60 degrees.

LJA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
I'm using an Ncase M1 and Samsung Evo m2 drives. The first is mounted under the chipset heatsink, 2nd is under the board. In a days usage my front drive has a max of 37 degrees whilst my rear one has a max of 47 degrees. Chipset has an average of 60 degrees.

Ah, in that case take in account that yours is not a Gen4 M2, these suckers tend to be really hot, I''ve also noticed that my rear M2 it runs cooler than yours by more or less 8°...I'm lazy but I was even thinking of putting the GEN4 in the rear, but without its heatsink looks like a very bad decision