Motherboard X470 mATX, it exists!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Mind you, this is a server board, it doesn't come with some of the features we are accustomed to. Like an extensive user-friendly BIOS, decent fan controls or more than a few USB ports.

BIOS:

There is no XMP memory profile support for overclocking:

Reactions: VegetableStu

Cutie DarkFae

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Yeah, I never expected a shiny BIOS/UEFI, but I'm wondering if it supports SLI. Being a server board that won't have been a priority and it might not be enabled :( In which case we're back to waiting, hoping.

Reactions: VegetableStu

peak_mu

Caliper Novice
Mar 3, 2019
I have one that I've been playing with for a couple weeks. My use for it is an all-in-one Proxmox server running a NAS, router, Plex, and probably some other misc services like Unifi and Pihole. I'm still experimenting, but it's been rock solid so far. I've got passthrough working for an HBA and a Quadro P400. HBA gets passed to either FreeNAS or OMV. The Quadro will go to either a Windows 10 or Linux VM.

I don't know about SLI as I don't have two capable Nvidia cards, but the top and bottom pcie slots can run at 8x which is how I have it configured right now. The top slot also supports bifurcation into quad 4x. I'm toying around with using that to get a total of 5 pcie 4x slots, but that's probably on the backburner.

Here's the setup as it stands currently:

2U short-depth case (~15" deep)
Ryzen 1700
Wraith Stealth or Dynatron A24 cooler (still testing)
64GB Samsung ECC ram (2133 atm, will try to overclock soonish)
LSI 9200-8e HBA
Mellanox Connect-X3 Dual 10g NIC
PNY Quadro P400
2x SM961 256GB (passed through for ZFS cache)
WD Blue 3D 500GB for Proxmox host

*edit* Also, they're in stock at newegg as I type this. They seem to disappear pretty quickly though *edit*

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
i think i vaguely recall that SLI does not require specific motherboards to be compatible past a certain generation of chipsets or GPUs...? might be wrong on this ,_,

the hard requirements for a pair of at least x8 each stands though