Would there be a considerable difference between 120mm vs 140mm as intake fan?

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 20, 2018
I'm planning to use the same configuration as the "Parametric Case".

Noctua fans are really expensive in my country, so I'd like to know If the 120mm would perform well in the following configuration, so I don't have to buy the 140mm, considering It would be difficult to adapt the 140mm in another case (in case I decide to change).

Thank you for your help and attention.
I'm sorry for all the inconvenience.

Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I'm planning to use the same configuration as the "Parametric Case".

Noctua fans are really expensive in my country, so I'd like to know If the 120mm would perform well in the following configuration, so I don't have to buy the 140mm, considering It would be difficult to adapt the 140mm in another case (in case I decide to change).

Thank you for your help and attention.
I'm sorry for all the inconvenience.
NF A12x25 should be fine.

Reactions: dcbn

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I miss talking to you! :'(

Thank you for always being so helpful and attentive, I can't express it enough!

Thank you!
Place it on the side next to the CPU cooler, since the GPU can intake it's own air. Leave the top open so that air can vent out the top. I would suggest mounting PSU with fan down if above CPU cooler.

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 20, 2018
Place it on the side next to the CPU cooler, since the GPU can intake it's own air. Leave the top open so that air can vent out the top. I would suggest mounting PSU with fan down if above CPU cooler.
But it would increase the volume the case.

Positioning the fan "next" to the ram (which means in the rear part of the case) and also positioning the PSU with fan up would be bad? (Like how you design in the upcoming case.)

Thank you again for all your help and attention!
I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Here (1 minute inkscape skillz lmao)

The fan is already accommodated for in design... may have to remove some VRM heatsinks since I think I only accomodated for 15mm fans

Also, you may have to drill your own fan holes, so prepare for that in case things go bad.

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 20, 2018
Here (1 minute inkscape skillz lmao)

The fan is already accommodated for in design... may have to remove some VRM heatsinks since I think I only accomodated for 15mm fans

Also, you may have to drill your own fan holes, so prepare for that in case things go bad.
Thank you for the explanation!

(I'm sorry I didn't answer both of you on discord, I was lunching.)