Cooling Would anyone else be interested in an Industrial PPC version of the Noctua NF-A12x15?

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
I asked Noctua about doing an Industrial PPC version of the **NF-A12x15** [this fan right here] with a slightly higher RPM (2200 or 2400), for even more airflow, at higher static pressure specifically for small form factor cases where airflow is already restricted, but maybe there isn't a radiator, or there's only a slim rad.

The Noctua rep I contacted said there are no plans currently to do this, but they’d be willing to do a custom order for “several thousand pieces”

So if anyone else is interested, let me know. Maybe we can do something as a community? A top of the line slim 120mm x 15mm case fan would benefit us all, especially if it were flexible enough to be used as a radiator fan and behind heavier/double filters, or in cases that were physically restrictive to airflow, where you have to rely on a pressure gradient to move air.

I specifically chose the NF-A12x15 because it's engineered to extremely tight tolerances, and straddles the line between high static pressure and high flow rate fans, while being exceptionally quiet. And the slim (15mm) version of this fan, because it would be possible to accommodate it into a larger variety of sff builds.

I made a post about this on [the sffpc subreddit] and reactions were generally positive, and I was asked to post this here, too.

Edit: spelling/grammar.

Last edited:
Reactions: thel3igo