Planning to build a computer with this specs inside the skyreach 4 mini:
Tell him in email you want a quotation for a skyreach 4 mini with this specs:

Motherboard: Asus X570-i
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Ram: 32GB 3600MHz
GPU: Zotac 1080 TI Mini
PSU: HDPlex 400W DC-ATX and AC-DC Combo
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L9i Chromax.Black

Will the PSU be enough to run this setup? Any advice on the dream setup?

Thanks guys and more power to the sff community!

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
You'll be close to the 400W limit with the 1080 Ti. It should be fine for gaming, but you may run into power limits with more intensive applications. I wouldn't try running Furmark for example.

Both a 2070 Super and 2080 Super would give similar or better performance in most games and use 25-50W less power.

Unless you plan to pair this with a PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSD, you could also look at a good B450 motherboard, like the ASUS Strix and have the same performance, and a passively cooled and lower power consumption chipset.

BossPAU

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 20, 2020
You'll be close to the 400W limit with the 1080 Ti. It should be fine for gaming, but you may run into power limits with more intensive applications. I wouldn't try running Furmark for example.

Both a 2070 Super and 2080 Super would give similar or better performance in most games and use 25-50W less power.

Unless you plan to pair this with a PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSD, you could also look at a good B450 motherboard, like the ASUS Strix and have the same performance, and a passively cooled and lower power consumption chipset.

I dont think there is a 2070 super or 2080 super to fit inside the skyreach 4 mini. Planning only on the samsung 970 pro for the m.2

BossPAU

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 20, 2020
in the settings of the video card, set the limit to 90 percent. And everything will be fine (HDPLEX has a peak power of 500 watts)

Ok. So this set up is possible for daily use with no problem at all if I just set the limit to 90%. So brickless on this set up is good to go? Or prefer the brick set up (dell brick 330w?) ?

BossPAU

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 20, 2020
Yes, this setting is right for you every day. You may not have enough power supply from DELL at 330 watts. Use from HDPLEX or Redone DELL

Temps will be ok if I make it brickless? Less things on my desk much better

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I dont think there is a 2070 super or 2080 super to fit inside the skyreach 4 mini. Planning only on the samsung 970 pro for the m.2
As far as I can see, your best bet would be the Zotac 2070 Super Mini. It's about 1mm shorter, and 1mm taller than the 1080Ti you're planning to use, and it should be able to run at stock speeds.

Zotac 2070 Super Mini Specs

Zotac 1080Ti Mini Specs

Ezzoud

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2018
No it wouldnt, its too wide. Thats why the hdplex works in s4m, its essentialy a flex atx psu split in half and placed in the free space next to the motherboard and under the video card. If you have to zotac 1080 ti mini, use it. If you dont, youre going to have buy a used card or buy the rtx series 2070 super or something similar.

BossPAU

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 20, 2020
No it wouldnt, its too wide. Thats why the hdplex works in s4m, its essentialy a flex atx psu split in half and placed in the free space next to the motherboard and under the video card. If you have to zotac 1080 ti mini, use it. If you dont, youre going to have buy a used card or buy the rtx series 2070 super or something similar.

Oh i understand now. Ok, might be going 2070 then. Now to find this case, second hand may be ok to save a bit ahaha

Ezzoud

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2018
Nothing wrong with second hand but since you cant get these from nfc right now some people ask near what the payed or more. Im in the same boat as you but i decided to wait for nfc to restock. His working on a new s4 mini thats half the size, without the gpu. Maybe ryzen 4000 apus will be powerful enough to play esports titles at 240hz is what im counting on :D

BossPAU

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 20, 2020
Nothing wrong with second hand but since you cant get these from nfc right now some people ask near what the payed or more. Im in the same boat as you but i decided to wait for nfc to restock. His working on a new s4 mini thats half the size, without the gpu. Maybe ryzen 4000 apus will be powerful enough to play esports titles at 240hz is what im counting on :D

Wow but hardwares on that might be very expensive. After transferring here, bad move to order a bit bigger itx case.