Will this build work? Need advice please.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/w8TZdX

The compatibility filter says its fine but I just wanted to make sure I can use this GPU+COOLER+PSU combination.

You can use a 120mm AIO in the Dan but there are only 2 places to mount it. You either have to go with a short GPU, I believe 170mm, and mount next it. Or use a HDPlex 400 instead of a SFX PSU and mount the AIO where the PSU usually sits.

You have both a SFX PSU and a long GPU so there is no place to mount a 120mm AIO. Asetek is working on a replacement for the 545LC, you could wait for that because a 92mm AIO is the only one that will fit with your current setup.

lupe1991

Case Bender
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Thank you for the response, looks like I will be waiting for the 545LC. This will be for mostly gaming at stock clocks. Do you think I could get away with using a noctua l9 in the meantime.

oviano

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 10, 2019
I'm in a similar situation with pretty much the same build. I put it together last night but haven't tried turning it on yet as it was late and I knew if there were problems I'd be up all night trying to fix them :eek:)

Anyway, my research so far suggests that we will be ok with an air cooler but we will need to ensure that the CPU does indeed run at stock. On the motherboard we are both using, it seems that you need to make sure MCE is off and TVB is on. If MCE is on it sounds like the CPU would run considerably beyond stock.