Why did Asrock only sell the Deskmini GTX through Newgg in the USA?

whum

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 3, 2017
I'm thinking about getting one, still, and I've watched the stock of these things go all over the place. First they had the 1080, the 1070 and the 1060. And through a series a crazy incentives, they only now have the 1060, which is a shame because I'm interested in buying a 1070 or 1080 but cannot find them literally anywhere, used or new. It just sounds like the GTX line either was very limited or hasn't sold all that well through newegg and I have to ask if anybody knows why they were exclusive with newegg?

Seems like they'd have way better success selling through other retailers like Amazon where they would not only reach higher traffic, but compete head to head with things like the Zotac and Gigabyte boxes. I'm also curious if anybody has heard when the new GTX line is set to come out in the USA, and whether they will sell at more places this time around...

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
ASRock is doing the same thing with their GPUs in the sense that they aren't seeking a wide net of dispersion for their products but start with a narrow, focused channel and will widen it if the sales allow them too. Going wide on a niche product is difficult when most people still think smaller volume computers are not as good as large boxes.