Why aren't there more silicone based cables?

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
May 14, 2016
Why aren't there any other manufactures producing silicone riser cables / USB3 headers? HDplex is the *only* company that provides these. Why? The benefits of massive: thin. reliable.

Look at HDplex's IO Cable:

LOOK AT HOW THIN THAT CABLE IS. Does anyone not realize what a huge bulky clusterfuck a USB3 motherboard cable is? Yet nobody does anything about it.

Why don't other companies develop cables like this? I have nothing against HDPLEX. They are great. Their products are innovative. It's just odd that no other manufacturer have taken notice and decided to implement something similar.

I would just like to see this cables manufactured in lengths other than 18cm...maybe 25cm. Or even be sold alone (like the IO Cable)

Reactions: SeñorDonut

darksidecookie

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 1, 2016
Why aren't there any other manufactures producing silicone riser cables / USB3 headers? HDplex is the *only* company that provides these. Why? The benefits of massive: thin. reliable.

Look at HDplex's IO Cable:

LOOK AT HOW THIN THAT CABLE IS. Does anyone not realize what a huge bulky clusterfuck a USB3 motherboard cable is? Yet nobody does anything about it.

Why don't other companies develop cables like this? I have nothing against HDPLEX. They are great. Their products are innovative. It's just odd that no other manufacturer have taken notice and decided to implement something similar.

I would just like to see this cables manufactured in lengths other than 18cm...maybe 25cm. Or even be sold alone (like the IO Cable)
i'd think is has to do with not having any shielding to prevent crosstalk and interference

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
May 14, 2016
@darksidecookie : Nah. If that was the true their riser cables wouldn't be rated so high.

@ignsvn : Neat but...it's an extension. And then after that you need to plug in one of those fatty mc fat fat usb 3 cables.