GPU Which one would you go for?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Heya everyone,

So a question for you all and how all of you personally think and values different from one another.

I want to point out that this shall not be seen as someone is less than the other or one is superior over the other, just based on their own preference in this regard.

My question to you all is this:

Will/would you potentially go for the new 3000 series of graphics card, which model exactly and why? Over/or will/would you go for an higher end older generation, such as the 2080 Ti instead, if it would get a big price reduction due to the new launch?

Reasoning for asking is because I know a lot of people actually purchase the older generation whenever a new generation is released, due to the much cheaper price tag. I can totally see the value in doing this, yet at the same time, you’re buying X amount of years old tech at that point.

Hence my question; what would you personally do in this situation?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
To preface, I'm firmly in the Big Navi camp. And I don't expect the top RDNA2 card to have as ridiculously price tag as Nvidia's so I would get the top card there.

But if I were going for RTX3000 I would probably get the 3080 or whatever the 2nd top card be. Similar to how I picked the R9 3900X over the 3950X. You pay too much for the absolute top card to be at the bleeding edge. The p/p of the 2nd card/product makes more sense.

Reactions: Dawelio