What's the reason Cerberus X can't accept mATX

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
standoffs are permanent

there are owners who got stick-on standoffs elsewhere for those two positions though, so if you want to make that work...

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
You can get adhesive mount standoffs or just threaded spacers and install an mATX board in Cerberus X.

Reactions: VegetableStu

bran

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2018
I already have a CX. I guess I can also tap a hole and nylon bolt a standoff then?

I'm asking because I wanted to make sure there's no other hidden reasoning that I shouldn't do this.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
i don't think there's much thickness on the case wall for tapped threads to hold anything? but it'll work like using a threaded spacer in the end

also take note of how much the nylon spacer is peeking out of the other side once you're done, because the side panel is immediately behind it

no other reason besides default mounting points, so yeah

bran

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2018
You can get adhesive mount standoffs or just threaded spacers and install an mATX board in Cerberus X.

Can you recommend a threaded spacer and/or standoff? I'm not sure what size would fit the best.

Boatyface

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 26, 2020
I put a MSI Z390mATX in mine with no issues. Bought a pack of M3 spacers and screwed them to the back of the Mobo where the missing spacers were. No issues what's so ever.