What games are you playing?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Mostly BF4 right now for me because I can use it to bench Nova-00. But I'm looking forward to Homeworld Remastered, lots of fond memories of HW1.

Also been enjoying Rimworld, though I still need to start a new colony with the newest alpha.

What about you guys?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Kerbal Space Program. I finally buckled and downloaded it yesterday, and I can't separate myself from it one bit :cool:

I was playing around earlier in the sandbox, and built a rocket that ended up exiting orbit, sending a trio of Kerbalnauts into the abyss. Up until then I had named my crafts Trailblazer I, Trailblazer II, and so forth, but ever since I've been naming them Avenger I, Avenger II... in memory of those who have been lost for science :D

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I just finished The Talos Principle the other day. The puzzles start to feel a little repetitive after a while, but overall a very well made game. Would recommend if you're at all into thinky spatial puzzle games (with a lot of philosophical ruminating thrown in for good measure).

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I've been playing Banished and Factorio mostly. Still waiting for GTAV for PC :(

rawr

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2015
CS:GO mainly, on my own and with friends. Easy to get sucked in with skins and whatnot... :p

Although I have started to play Nuclear Throne. 20 hours in, I highly recommend it to pretty much anyone. It's in early access, but has incredible depth even at this stage. The devs - Vlambeer - are awesome; they are really open with development and stream themselves making the game weekly on Twitch. A nice way to interact with fans.

rawr

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2015
I'm being wary of GTA 5. It's been one and a half years, and there are still delays. Full retail price as well, which sucks.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ah, I've started playing Payday 2 after a multi-month absence and everything is different :eek: They've had so many updates it's ridiculous.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Glad they put up with people complaining about how it was taking so long and did it right. I'll probably pick it up later this year when it's on sale.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Glad they put up with people complaining about how it was taking so long and did it right. I'll probably pick it up later this year when it's on sale.

Completely agree. Studios have begun to habitually release terribly buggy games early, and then patch it to where it should have been after the fact. My respect to Rockstar for taking the time make it what it could be - I've never played GTA all that much, but for the first time I'm tempted.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm having fun with GTA V, although mainly Single Player. GTA Online is basically 70% loading screens 20% YOLO retards and 10% gameplay. Too bad that after completing Single Player, you're not able to do much except explore and sandbox. No missions, mainly grindy stuff like fly under 50 bridges, do 50 stunt jumps, find 60 items, etc. So bummed that GTA Online turned out to be a borefest and Single Player is really over after completing it with no way (that I know of) to restart the storyline.

Occasionally I play Diablo 3 to fill the void too.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I've been playing Factorio again, it's still in development but I love tinkering with the logic and getting stuff from A to B to C to Z.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I can't wait ! Fallout 3 (and the others) were very nice games. I can only imagine how Fallout 4 would look with a proper graphics engine.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Nice, sunk plenty of hours in 3. If it doesn't support VR I may skip it though, all I'd be able to think while playing is "this would be so much cooler in virtual reality" :p

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
That does look good. I hope the cities are big and populated fully, that's always been lacking in the large open world Bethesda games.