What did you do today?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Welp ... today I pulled the trigger on an offer I couldn't refuse ... bought a brand new Ibanez Affirma 4 strings bass for the price of a second hand one. It's the Transparent grey limited edition (of an already limited edition bass).

Should be there in a couple of days ūüėĀ

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Just upgraded my 10 years old Motorola Defy+ (3.7") to a Samsung Z Flip3 (6.7")!

The Moto still rocks, battery holds for almost a week! Well I'm using it mostly for calls and texts as the few apps I would have liked to have don't want to install on Android 2! XD

Even if they do get along with my wallpaper, the most annoying thing is the black dots on the screen, result of a mishandling of the phone and a crash on the floor one early morning...

I have yet to be convinced by this last gen phone, not as SFF as the one from late 2011 I fear. From what I see, two hands are needed to operate it while my right thumb was enough before.

At least the Z3 fits easily in my jeans pocket, sort of heavy (183g vs 118g) but it fits. I didn't find any other Andro√Įd phone with decent hardware doing that, all having a screen of 5.5" or more.
Glad to have gotten it second hand at half its price. It is in mint condition, apart from the Samsung stock screen protection that appears to be missing. Dunno how that could be...? o_O Will see what I can do about that.

Will it lasts till 2032?!

tinyitx

Shrink Way Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Just upgraded my 10 years old Motorola Defy+ (3.7") to a Samsung Z Flip3 (6.7")!

I have yet to be convinced by this last gen phone, not as SFF as the one from late 2011 I fear. From what I see, two hands are needed to operate it while my right thumb was enough before.

At least the Z3 fits easily in my jeans pocket, sort of heavy (183g vs 118g) but it fits. I didn't find any other Andro√Įd phone with decent hardware doing that, all having a screen of 5.5" or more.
Glad to have gotten it second hand at half its price. It is in mint condition, apart from the Samsung stock screen protection that appears to be missing. Dunno how that could be...? o_O Will see what I can do about that.

Will it lasts till 2032?!
I think modern Android OS should have a feature called ''single hand mode'', which might be adequate for you to use the phone with just your right thumb. No harm to try.

2032? Probably. Your 5G Z3 will be, of course, outdated. By that time, it will be 7G or 8G. Wonder what that future tech can bring to the table.

Reactions: BaK

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I think modern Android OS should have a feature called ''single hand mode'', which might be adequate for you to use the phone with just your right thumb. No harm to try.
I will check that feature, thanks for the tip!