What ATX Cases Tempt You?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
So like the title says....what ATX cases have tempted you back to the big side.... Cerberus doesn't count though feel free to talk about it because it's awesome.

I guess I have to say that the Silverstone Seta got me. When I was forced to go back to ATX, I saw the two tone and glass as just...awesome. It's still pretty small for a modern case. Massive compared to old stuff of course.

I also don't think I would pass up doing a heavily modded retro build in a Coolermaster Wavemaster case from 2003.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
If I were to go back to ATX now it has to be the O11D Mini It just ticks all the boxes for what I want in an ATX build - glass for showery, plenty of cooling and separate chamber for the PSU. Also being somewhat cube-shape makes it stands out from all the towers out there.

And shout out to @riba2233 with the N-ATX case, his build yesterday gave my brain a run around all day.

Reactions: riba2233

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
The last case I was considering before I got committed to ITX was the Lanboy Air by Antec. Vents, vents, everywhere! Not enough mesh? Lanboy Air has you covered. I mainly liked how the panels detach and its unconventional looks.

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
If I were to go back to ATX now it has to be the O11D Mini It just ticks all the boxes for what I want in an ATX build - glass for showery, plenty of cooling and separate chamber for the PSU. Also being somewhat cube-shape makes it stands out from all the towers out there.

And shout out to @riba2233 with the N-ATX case, his build yesterday gave my brain a run around all day.
I agree with this, and I also like the Cerberus X since it's one of the smallest full ATX cases out there. The Mechanic Master C34 gives the Cerberus X a run for its money, though.

Size apart, I would like a case that has high airflow, great ventilation, and great hardware support. The Phanteks Eclipse P500A seems like a good option.

I would say the best looking case goes to the O11D Mini, though

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Same, O11D Mini is my kryptonite. SO PRETTY!

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Phanteks Neo Mini ITX v2. Not THAT big for an ATX case, and has nice brushed aluminium finish

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
The Cerberus X and the Thermaltake Core G3 both peaked my interest and are in my posession. But the Core G3 is collecting dust for 3 years now since I have more cases than hardware or uses for them.

I know that feeling....I've got two Custom Mods, a Dan A4, MI-6, Node 202, Cerberus X, NCASE M1 V6, and a Ghost S1 waiting for systems. My wife says if I get another case she's going to club me with it. LOL

My next main system will be the Ghost S1. I'll probably build my fathers next one into the Cerberus. One of the Nodes is going to my mother in law.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
GUYS! I NEED HELP!

A local guy to me just put up a Caselabs Bullet BH8 for just ~217 USD. I've always dreamt of having Caselabs cases. Someone talk me out of it please!!! Or just push me over the edge to grab it instead 😭 😭 😭

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
GUYS! I NEED HELP!

A local guy to me just put up a Caselabs Bullet BH8 for just ~217 USD. I've always dreamt of having Caselabs cases. Someone talk me out of it please!!! Or just push me over the edge to grab it instead 😭 😭 😭

Who needs food.... get the case.

• Love

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
GUYS! I NEED HELP!

44L is huge man. I can see myself doing a 20L case but I can't go back to 40+

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
YOLO indeed!

yes, but it's Caselabs 🤪

Yea it is an analog to my H2gO, which was 40ish L....slightly different layout and less accommodation for rads, but same organization. Bugger of my H2gO was cable management with a full ATX PSU and full ATX cables.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
YOLO indeed!

yes, but it's Caselabs 🤪
eh, its a bullet, their imo fairly poor attempt at making a more mainstream case.

Its not that great at watercooling, quite poor at air cooling and not all that space efficient. So yep, pretty much a mainstream case in that regard, but still fairly expensive.

Maybe you have a specific build in mind that really makes use of it, or really like the look of it. But to me its not all that appealing.

I wouldn't mind going for an S3 or SMA8 though 😜

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
eh, its a bullet, their imo fairly poor attempt at making a more mainstream case.

Its not that great at watercooling, quite poor at air cooling and not all that space efficient. So yep, pretty much a mainstream case in that regard, but still fairly expensive.

Maybe you have a specific build in mind that really makes use of it, or really like the look of it. But to me its not all that appealing.

I wouldn't mind going for an S3 or SMA8 though 😜
Well I've always had a thing for cube cases, my dream Caselabs case was the S5 actually. For context I live in Vietnam so only a very very small number of people bought Caselabs cases because 1) the case was expensive and 2) the shipping cost was about the same price as the case. So yeah, it's a Bullet but at MSRP and given scarcity of all Caselabs cases together in my country, it's like a super niche within a super niche!

And no, I don't have a build in mind yet but that's where the fun begins right?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
running open-bench since last year (curse my HEDT tendencies), and waiting for the next ATX nearline-SFF carry-on is made difficult by looking at the amount of cables spilling over the bench.
really would crave the O11D mini, but would prefer to use that expenditure on w360's planned ATX CNC project since the CX2 have been on hold 😢 (also the O11 mini is too wide as a carry-on 😭 )