Buying WANTED: any and all Logitech MX Revolutions, all conditions

Do you have a Logitech MX Revolution? Would you somehow let someone pry it from your cold dead fingers? I want it!
Brand new in box? doubleplusgood
Used and working? Absolutely!
Worn out? Yup.
Broken? Still want it.
Smashed to bits with a hammer? I want the pieces.

Located in the UK, will pay shipping worldwide.

Reactions: gffermari

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
I may have one...but I won't be able to find out until I get back to my home next year.

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
I'll have to check if I still have my old Revolution around, though it'll likely happen after the new year, since I'm busy at this point. But I don't think I got rid of it when I bought an additional new-to-me one off eBay a few years back, so it should be in a closet somewhere. As I recall the battery was dying, so I simply bought another because it wasn't worth it to me to try replacing the battery at the time.

Out of curiosity, is this for personal use or because you're supplying a demand? Because you may one day have me as a customer if it's the latter. The Performance MX was a step backwards in ways I cared about, and the Master has issues for me as well. I have yet to find the right replacement to the Revolution.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
Original poster
May 11, 2015
Out of curiosity, is this for personal use or because you're supplying a demand? Because you may one day have me as a customer if it's the latter. The Performance MX was a step backwards in ways I cared about, and the Master has issues for me as well. I have yet to find the right replacement to the Revolution.
Initially for personal use, as I've been finding that all the ones available on eBay and the like are either faulty or close to faulty (buttons starting to double-input after a few months, rubber coating wearing off, wheel getting stuck in one scroll mode, etc) so I generally need to meld multiple mice together to get a functional one that doesn't due too quickly.
But if I can accrue enough, I've considered selling refurbs or offering a refurb service. The L/R switches are easy enough to source and replace (Omron still sell compatible switches) & the others are jellybean tac switches, and batteries are still available via ebay/alibaba. The tricky parts would be the motor for the scroll switch mechanism (probably not too bad once specced, but replacements would probably ned to be shimmed to fit well, and I don;t look forward to trying to remove then reglue that tiny tiny cam), the scroll mechanism itself (parts are mostly too small and too high tolerance to 3D print replacements), and the rubberised coatings on the shell. Plus some longer FFCs to make shucking the two helves less of a pain.
New Are you planning some kind of... revolution with these?
The last option is to harvest intact scroll mechanisms and transplant into an entirely new mouse. Non-logitech thumbwheels are available as industrial control components, there are a few breakout boards for the PMW3360, and Omron have more SPST switches than you'd ever need. Hard part would be getting the minimum orders for a mould for the body shell, and dodging Logitech's lawyers. But who knows, maybe 'custom mice' will be the next big craze after mechanical keyboards?

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
@EdZ it turns out my mouse was the Performance MX mouse, not the MX Revolution. I'm not sure if that is still usable for your component scavenging efforts or not.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
Original poster
May 11, 2015
Sorry, as far as I am aware there is no part commonality (the Performance MX has a manually latched scroll wheel rather than the motorised wheel in the MX Revolution).