• Discord?! We've had a Discord server for a while, but now we've opened it up to folks who aren't members of our fantastic community forum. Join our discussions by clicking the "Discord" button on the side menu!!

Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

fedder

Caliper Novice
Feb 8, 2020
EDIT accidently double posted and im not smart enough to know how to delete

Hey everyone I need some help does anyone know how long the internal extensions are supposed to be for HDMI and DP. ADT seems to have just made these internal connectors available not long ago and Id like to know which I should buy since I wont have a Velka 7 until whenever theyre available. Im assuming 15cm but I guess I could get 30cm and fold it up just incase. Also this is probably what you would need @Killinger EDIT I found the parts list on Velka website and theyre 20CM so I would need to buy the 30CM version to be sure. Thanks me

http://www.adt.link/product/DPP14-Shop.html DP1.4 P7A-P8T. P7A-P8Q would be best but might not fit.
http://www.adt.link/product/HAA-MF-24P-Shop.html HDMI 2.1 A7-A8T. A7-A8Q would be best but might not fit.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killinger

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I really want to get a velka 7 but really need Displayport 1.4, is there a solution or low profile right angle cable someone knows about that I can squeeze inside the case under the panel? As long as its at least 3 meters long, it should work for my setup.
There isn't a solution that works reliably with all DP 1.4 setups yet but you could try one of these extension cables before deciding on the case. 3 meters is going to be difficult; 1 meter is more achievable.
P6A-P8T-SI 20 cm and P6A-P8T-BL 20 cm from ADT-Link
They are also available on Aliexpress

Hey everyone I need some help does anyone know how long the internal extensions are supposed to be for HDMI and DP. ADT seems to have just made these internal connectors available not long ago and Id like to know which I should buy since I wont have a Velka 7 until whenever theyre available. Im assuming 15cm but I guess I could get 30cm and fold it up just incase. Also this is probably what you would need @Killinger EDIT I found the parts list on Velka website and theyre 20CM so I would need to buy the 30CM version to be sure. Thanks me

http://www.adt.link/product/DPP14-Shop.html DP1.4 P7A-P8T. P7A-P8Q would be best but might not fit.
http://www.adt.link/product/HAA-MF-24P-Shop.html HDMI 2.1 A7-A8T. A7-A8Q would be best but might not fit.

Someone correct me if im wrong.
I would recommend 20 cm for the top 2 ports and 30 cm for the bottom 2 ports. Any extra length can be tucked away.

Parts with P7A and A7 in the name will not fit due to the male connector facing the opposite way.

You will need the P6A and A6 variants.
Parts with the "Q" at the end will also not fit due to the added length of the female end. EDIT: See post #2,704 two replies below

For DisplayPort: P6A-P8T-SI or P6A-P8T-BL
For HDMI: A6-A8T

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Correction: the "Q" variants with the redriver IC do fit (tested with P6A-P8Q-30CM) but are more difficult to install. The female end of the connector needs to be installed first and the cable bend radius will be very small. This could potentially cause some reliability issues and require careful installation to avoid accidental damage to the cable.

fedder

Caliper Novice
Feb 8, 2020
Thanks for the clarification about the right cables. Ordered up most of my parts and backordered the V7 :)

Ill be stuffing in a 5600X and Gigabyte 3090 Turbo into it and keeping it until whatever X060 Ti model is out that can match it.

Reactions: Killinger

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
Ordered my cables. Absolutely loving my Velka 5 with a 3070ti, trying out a few mods to get that exhaust air out of the bottom of the case. I just saw that the Gigabyte 3090 Turbo blower card could probably fit in the Velka 5 with some custom ultra-low profile pcie power cables from KareonKables and its taking all of my willpower not to just buy that over the 4000 series cards. Combined with my 5800x3d, that might be next to impossible to beat in terms of performance per liter, at least for a few months till I inevitably build a 7800x3d with whatever the fastest blower card I can get my hands on.