Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

killerdan56

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
The velka 7 will be triple slot for gpu right? Would you be able to implement bifurcation adapter support into the design. So be able to mount a single slot pci e thing then a dual slot gpu?

Reactions: VELKASE Michael

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael
Don't know if this is worth considering, but it may be nice to have a variant of the VK3 that can accommodate a Noctua L12S. You'd have to widen it by 30mm, so overall volume would be around 5.3L. Don't know if that's too much of a niche, but it would be the smallest case that can cool any CPU, even overclocked, and host a dual slot ITX card. The extra room in the basement might enable brickless HDPlex builds (haven't done the math on that) or just extra room for cable management. Would still be very space efficient because the L12S is basically a layer over the entire motherboard. Just a thought.

That sounds easy to make so I could make a small batch at some point if there is any interest in it. It would have to cost more than the current VK-3.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
The velka 7 will be triple slot for gpu right? Would you be able to implement bifurcation adapter support into the design. So be able to mount a single slot pci e thing then a dual slot gpu?

It is possible. I could try to contact Ameri-Rack about their ARC1-PELY423-C30V3 bifurcation riser. It might be the same one as used in the Sliger SM560, and support would have to be implemented into the design because the current riser is mounted differently.

What other PCI-e device do you want to use in addition to a dual slot graphics card? Do you know of any other bifurcated risers?

honeybeater92

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2019
Hi guys,

please advise me on the following:

https://www.aorus.com/Z390-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10 - mini itx 17 x 17 cm dimensions

For power supply I will get a:

Silverstone - SST-FX350-G 350W

I already have an i5 8500 @4.1GHz

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @3200MHz

I intend to get Noctua L9i cooler for the mobo

The only thing I'm not sure what to get is whether I should opt for the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GTX 1660ti - mini itx (dual slot - not sure if there is any gtx 1660ti with <180mm length)

Saphire Pulse RX 570 4GB Gaming ITX (170mm length - dual slot)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there any other cards I should consider, having in mind price/performance ratio ? All advices are more than welcome !

P.S. Guys will this build be enough to fit it all in the Velka 3 case?

@VELKASE Michael

A question for you. How does the ordering process of the case goes? Do I fill out a form on the google docs form and then what happens? How long does the shipping takes and will I get a tracking code?

Please advise on that matter as well please!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hi guys,

please advise me on the following:

https://www.aorus.com/Z390-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10 - mini itx 17 x 17 cm dimensions

For power supply I will get a:

Silverstone - SST-FX350-G 350W

I already have an i5 8500 @4.1GHz

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @3200MHz

I intend to get Noctua L9i cooler for the mobo

The only thing I'm not sure what to get is whether I should opt for the following:

GTX 1660ti - mini itx (dual slot - not sure if there is any gtx 1660ti with <180mm length)

Saphire Pulse RX 570 4GB Gaming ITX (170mm length - dual slot)

Are there any other cards I should consider, having in mind price/performance ratio ? All advices are more than welcome !

P.S. Guys will this build be enough to fit it all in the Velka 3 case?

@VELKASE Michael

A question for you. How does the ordering process of the case goes? Do I fill out a form on the google docs form and then what happens? How long does the shipping takes and will I get a tracking code?

Please advise on that matter as well please!

There is a Gigabyte Mini GTX 1660 ti that is about 170 mm, an ASUS Phoenix GTX 1660 ti that is about 175 mm. These cards have an 8 pin power connection and the Silverstone power supply has a 6 pin power connector for PCIe. You may want to consider the FSP400-60FGGBA if you are in the United States, Canada, or United Kingdom because it is designed to supply more power on the 12V rail for these devices. It costs about the same as the SST-FX350-G.

Normally you would receive a PayPal invoice in your inbox shortly after filling out the form. A day or two after paying, tracking info is provided and your items ship with 3 day shipping to the US and 1-3 week shipping to other countries. All cases are currently out of stock and will be restocked in early August. Sorry for the confusion. A more exact availability date will be known around July 26.

Reactions: Marbolite

honeybeater92

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2019
There is a Gigabyte Mini GTX 1660 ti that is about 170 mm, an ASUS Phoenix GTX 1660 ti that is about 175 mm. These cards have an 8 pin power connection and the Silverstone power supply has a 6 pin power connector for PCIe. You may want to consider the FSP400-60FGGBA if you are in the United States, Canada, or United Kingdom because it is designed to supply more power on the 12V rail for these devices. It costs about the same as the SST-FX350-G.

Normally you would receive a PayPal invoice in your inbox shortly after filling out the form. A day or two after paying, tracking info is provided and your items ship with 3 day shipping to the US and 1-3 week shipping to other countries. All cases are currently out of stock and will be restocked in early August. Sorry for the confusion. A more exact availability date will be known around July 26.

I will go for the 350W after all... The current GPU pricing is crazy so I will opt for the RX 570 4GB mini ITX variant.

Do tell me, can I fill out a form now and then you can send me that paypal invoice on 2nd of August if possible please?

If it can be done like that I will purchase the case right away, and then pay on 2nd of August?

P.S. Michael I opted to purchase it, and I sent you an email. Could you please check it ?

Last edited:

Sunkend

What's an ITX?
Jul 15, 2019
Do you anticipate any limitations on the GPU when using an SFX-L PSU in the Velka 5? Wasn't sure if that would limit the length or make things uncomfortably tight with cable management. Thanks!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Do you anticipate any limitations on the GPU when using an SFX-L PSU in the Velka 5? Wasn't sure if that would limit the length or make things uncomfortably tight with cable management. Thanks!

If you want to use an SFX-L power supply and 2.5" storage, then graphics card length will be limited to 227 mm length. If you can use M.2 storage only with the SFX-L power supply, then you can use a full length graphics card. Cable management will be more difficult than with an SFX power supply but it should be fine.

Reactions: Sunkend

honeybeater92

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2019
If you want to use an SFX-L power supply and 2.5" storage, then graphics card length will be limited to 227 mm length. If you can use M.2 storage only with the SFX-L power supply, then you can use a full length graphics card. Cable management will be more difficult than with an SFX power supply but it should be fine.
Michael don't forget on me please to save one Velka 3 case for me please haha ! I already sent you an email to reserve me one when it's restocked in early August please! :D

Reactions: VELKASE Michael

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael

Another question for you haha... can the PSU that you mentioned: "FSP400-60FGGBA" - fit inside the Velka 3 case ? ^_^

Yes. It is typically only available in the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom, so you may need to check eBay or other sites to find a seller that will ship it to you.

As a general rule, any unmodified Flex ATX power supply will fit. If a power supply has modular cables, it may not fit.

honeybeater92

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2019
Yes. It is typically only available in the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom, so you may need to check eBay or other sites to find a seller that will ship it to you.

As a general rule, any unmodified Flex ATX power supply will fit. If a power supply has modular cables, it may not fit.

Oh so basically if the flex atx psu has modular cables it cannot fit in velka 3?

I thought that perhaps because its modular and has less cables it should fit better??

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Oh so basically if the flex atx psu has modular cables it cannot fit in velka 3?

I thought that perhaps because its modular and has less cables it should fit better??

Yes. Modular cables take up more space in front of the power supply because of the rigid plastic connectors. With a modular power supply, you would be getting rid of one cable, two cables at most and only if not using any storage other than M.2.

Any standard non-modular Flex ATX power supply will fit.

honeybeater92

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2019
Yes. Modular cables take up more space in front of the power supply because of the rigid plastic connectors. With a modular power supply, you would be getting rid of one cable, two cables at most and only if not using any storage other than M.2.

Any standard non-modular Flex ATX power supply will fit.
Great thanks for the info. Do tell me, would this case be able to fit RX 570 4GB mini itx variant and at the same time to connect the 6 pin connector to it ? :)